Samsung Galaxy Note 7 fiasco pushed Samsung hard to start working earlier on the Android 7.0 Nougat for its flagship Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge. As a result, Samsung announced the beta Android Nougat update for the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge users residing in the United Kingdom. Just today, a firmware based on the beta Android Nougat build has slipped out of Samsung’s hands and it’s uploaded over the internet, which makes it available for download as well. Yes, you can now update your Galaxy S7 Edge to Official Beta Android 7.0 Nougat XXU1ZPK4 firmware and checkout the taste of Nougats.
The new firmware brings a completely revamped notification panel. The colour of notification panel has changed a bit. You will find new icons in the notification panel and there aren’t any further backgrounds behind the icons in the notification panel. Furthermore, the icons in the settings application have got a new look as well. You will also notice UI changes in the status bar and in some other applications. The overall performance of the device has improved and battery life has got more stable. The update also seems to be stable as per the users reported. You can flash this firmware while you wait for the complete firmware to rollout as it’s as good as the final release. For now, you can flash the files manually using the flashtool Odin3.
To make sure that things workout for the Galaxy S7 Edge users, we have compiled this tutorial to educate you on how to update Galaxy S7 Edge to Official Beta Android 7.0 Nougat XXUIZPK4 firmware. The firmware will work on Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F, G935FD, G935S, G935K and G935L. Let’s have a look on precautions to make the entire process smooth and then start upgrading your handset now.
Firmware Details and Download
Galaxy S7 Edge G935F/G935FD
- Version: Android 7.0
- PDA: G935FXXU1ZPK4
- MODEM: G935FXXU1ZPK4
- Download: G935FXXU1ZPK4_G935FOXA1ZPK4
Galaxy S7 Edge G935S/G935K/G935L
- Version: Android 7.0
- PDA: G935KKKU1ZPK4
- MODEM: G935KKKU1ZPK4
- Download: G935KKKU1ZPK4_G935FOXA1ZPK4.zip
- Make sure that your device is exactly as mentioned above. To check out what device you have, go to Settings > More/General > About Device or Settings > About Device and match the model number. Be careful about the device model number, flashing a file on a device not listed here might result in bricking it up. In that case, we may not be held responsible.
- Your device’s battery should not be weak. In case your device goes dead during the flashing process, your device may get soft bricked and you might be in need of flashing stock firmware and that will ultimately result in wiping up your data as well.
- Always use the original data cable to establish connection between your Android device and your computer / laptop. Using ordinary data cables might interrupt the flashing process, so to avoid any mishap, you need to meet this requirement as well.
- Backup everything!
- Make sure that you turn off Samsung Kies while using Odin3 flashtool. Samsung Kies will interrupt Odin3 and will result in causing errors and may not let you flash your desired firwmrae. Also, make sure that you turn off any antivirus software you’ve installed and also disable firewall to avoid any connection and flashing issues.
Required Downloads & Installations
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download and extract Odin3 v3.12.3
- Extract the downloaded firmware file to get the .tar.md5 file.
Update Galaxy S7 Edge to Official Beta Android 7.0 Nougat XXU1ZPK4
- Make sure that you read the instructions listed above carefully and you’re all set to go ahead now.
- Wipe your device complete in order to attain a neat installation. You may boot into the recovery mode and perform a factory data reset.
- Open Odin3.exe.
- Put your Galaxy S7 Edge in download mode. To do so, turn it off and wait for 10 seconds. Turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously, You should see a warning, press Volume Up to continue. In case this method doesn’t work for you, try one from this guide.
- Connect your device to your PC.
- As soon as Odin detects your phone, the ID:COM box should turn blue. Make sure that you’ve installed Samsung USB drivers before connecting.
- For Odin 3.09 or 3.10.6 hit the AP tab. Select the firmware.tar.md5 or firmware.tar, that you downloaded and extracted above.
- If you’re using Odin 3.07, you will select “PDA” tab instead of the AP tab, rest of the options remain untouched.
- Make sure that the options selected in your Odin are exactly as shown in the pic.
- Hit start and wait till the firmware flashing is complete, The flashing process box will turn green upon successful flashing.
- Once the flashing process has been completed successfully, disconnect your device and reboot it manually.
- Once the device boots up, checkout the new firmware now.
- Your device will be running on official Android 7.0 Nougat firmware.
- Once updated to stock, do not try to downgrade, or else you will result in messing up EFS partition of your device.
- That’s all!
Got any queries? Make sure that you drop em’ in the comment box below. Good Luck!
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Latest Odin 3.12.4/Odin 3.12.5 for Samsung - April 27, 2017
- How to Install TWRP Recovery using Fastboot on Android - April 27, 2017
- How to Sync Contacts with Gmail Account on Android - April 27, 2017