Not all of the times, users wants to go towards a Custom Firmware with a lot of Modifications and Tweaks, sometimes they want a ROM which is quite close to the Stock Firmware and any Modification must have been done under the hood, not easily be seen if you are using your device. Galaxy S5 is not released a long time ago, I mean it has only been 6 months, and anyone who owns it must have not been trying to get out of what Samsung has ported in it, however, still looking for a way to get rid of some of the most teasing things form it, like Bloats and KNOX, we if not KNOX, Bloats are one of the reasons, why your device lags and show poor performance while using it a lot. A Person owning a Samsung Galaxy S5, wouldn’t want such a thing, I mean you pay more than $700 for what, a device Showing Lag like an Old fart.
XtreStoLite Custom Firmware is here to get rid of all the problems, it is based on XXU1ANE2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware, and kept as close to a Stock Firmware as it could be, the only Mods added in this ROM is that it is rooted, De-Bloated, KNOX removed and Odexed, all of them are applied under the hood. This ROM is best for those who wants to stuck on Stock ROM, yet don’t want the Bloats and KNOX. If you are interested in Other ROMs, you can Visit our Custom ROMs section or you can install this ROM on your Galaxy S5 G900H by following our tutorial below. This is not an official release from Samsung but a Custom ROM, you need to install a Custom Recovery on your device to install this and also your device must be rooted.
In this Article, we will show you How To Update Galaxy S5 G900H to XtreStoLite Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat Custom Firmware.But before we begin, make sure:
- That you have a Well Charged Battery, 60%-80% is better.
- Back-Up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
- Back-Up your Mobiles EFS Data. How To Restore and Back-Up EFS Data On Samsung Galaxy Devices
- Check your device model, Go To Setting > About and Make sure that it is G9ooH
- Do not try it on any other device.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode
- Download USB Driver For Samsung Devices: Link
- Root Your Device: Link
- Back-Up All your Apps:Link
The methods involved in flashing custom ROMs and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Samsung in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility
Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat XtreStoLite ROM: Link
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn Off your Device
- Open Recovery mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons until you see some text on screen.
CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery Users.
- Back-up your ROM using the Recovery.
- To Perform a Back-up, Navigate to Back-up and Restore on Next screen, Choose Back-up again.
- Go back to Main Screen after the Back-up is complete.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’, so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the XtreStoLite.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Now In Aroma Installer, Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Then choose whatever you like from the Options and Continue
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
- Tap On Back-Up and Select System and Data
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the XtreStoLite.zip, Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Do a Factory Reset In the Aroma Installer, and After choosing the Options Continue
- Once the Installation is Over, you will be promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
Solve Signature Verification Error:
- Open Recovery.
- Navigate to install zip from Sdcard
- Navigate to Toggle Signature Verification and Press Power Button and See if it is disabled or not. Disable it and then Install the Zip without any Error.
First Boot might take up-to 5-minutes, so let your device rest for 5-minutes as you do something else.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016