The LTE variant of the Galaxy S4 Mini can be now updated to the latest and greatest version of Android, the Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware. Samsung has made quite a few changes in the new firmware. Notable changes are the new settings applications, music player on the lockscreen, white icons in the transparent notification bar and some of the applications have been updated with new features and new UI. Samsung has also fixed so many bugs and the performance surely is pretty much better now. Latest firmware for the Galaxy S4 Mini LTE GT-I9195 is based on the build number XXUCNF9.
As usual, the software updates vary region to region. There is no guarantee when the latest firmware will hit your region and your device will be able to taste the latest software enhancements. If you happen to be an Android enthusiasts and its getting hard to wait, you may consider updating your device manually using the method. As you scroll down, following post will help you to update your Galaxy S4 Mini LTE GT-I9195 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUCNF9 official firmware using Samsung’s flashtool Odin3. All you need is, you need to follow this guide being careful and get it done successfully without any hiccups here and there.
Here are the firmware details:
- Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE GT-I9195
- OS: Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUCNF9
- Region: NZC
- Build Number: I9195XXUCNF9
- Build Date: 23/6/2014
- Changelist: 1646188
Before you flash this firmware:
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE GT-I9195. Do not try this on any other device. Check your device’s model number in Settings > About Device.
- Make sure that your phone’s battery is charged at least over 60%.
- Use the original data cable for establishing the connection between your PC and phone.
- Backup all your important contacts, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important sms messages, find the full guidehere.
- Backup all your important call logs, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important media content manually. (Copy to your PC.)
- If you’ve flashed a custom recovery, it is suggested that you create a Nandroid Backup. [Important]
- Don’t forget to make EFS backup before flashing this firmware. [Important]
- If your device is rooted, you may use Titanium Backup to backup each and everything on your phone.
- Although it is not necessary to wipe your phone before flashing this firmware, but to achieve the best performance, it is recommended that you perform a factory reset before flashing this firmware.
- A clean install is always preferred for the best results from the new firmware. It is recommended that you wipe your phone from the recovery using “Factory Data Reset” option and then install this firmware.
- Turn off /disable Samsung Kies while using Odin3.
- Turn of any Anti Virus softwares while using Odin3.
- Alright. Follow the instructions carefully.
Things you need to download:
How To Update Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195 with Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat:
- Clean install is always recommended, at first, you need to backup everything as explained above. Now boot your Galaxy S4 Mini LTE into recovery mode and wipe factory data / reset. In order to do so, turn off your device first, now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power Key and you should be able to see the recovery in a while.
- Open Odin3.exe.
- Put your S4 Mini LTE in download mode. To do so, turn it off and wait for 10 seconds. Turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously, You should see a warning, press Volume Up to continue. In case this method doesn’t work for you, try one from this guide.
- Connect your S4 Mini LTE to your PC.
- As soon as Odin detects your phone, the ID:COM box should turn blue. Make sure that you’ve installed Samsung USB drivers before connecting.
- For Odin 3.09 hit the AP tab. Select the extracted firmware file, that should be in .tar.md5 format.
- If you’re using Odin 3.07, you will select “PDA” tab instead of the AP tab, rest of the options remain untouched.
- Make sure that the options selected in your Odin are exactly as shown in the pic.
- Hit start and wait till the firmware flashing is complete, as soon as your device restarts, remove it from PC.
- Congrats! your device is now running on Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware.
That’s all. In case you got any queries or you face any issues regarding this guide, please feel free to stop by the comment box below and let us know about it. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you.