Galaxy S4 Mini has joined the list of Samsung’s lucky devices to receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat update. Samsung dealt the users being hard enough when it came to the Android updates, there hasn’t been a very good response by Samsung while Sony and other manufacturers have been trying their best to update maximum of their devices to Android KitKat. Galaxy S4 Mini users don’t need to live in any software side disappointments anymore now as there’s an official firmware based on the build number XXUCNG1 available for the Galaxy S4 Mini I9190.
Samsung has updated a number of applications with so many new features, some of the applications have got a new UI out of which Settings app is one. There are white icons in the transparent notification bar, music player on the lockscreen has a new look. Bug fixes and performance enhancements have been made as well. On the core, it is Android 4.4.2 KitKat that makes this update a must have as well.
The update is currently available for Russian region only, however that doesn’t matter while you can manually update your device to this firmware as well. As you move forward in the following post, you will come across a complete and comprehensive guide that will help you to update your Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUCNG1 official firmware using Samsung’s flashtool Odin3. Make sure that you follow the guidelines properly in order to get this done without any hiccups here and there.
Here are the firmware details:
- Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190
- OS: Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUCG1
- Region: SER
- Build Number: I9190XXUCNG1
- Build Date: 03/7/2014
- Changelist: 1995154
Here are the early preparations:
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190. Do not try this on any other device. Check your device’s model number in Settings > About Device.
- Make sure that your phone’s battery is charged at least over 60%.
- Use the original data cable for establishing the connection between your PC and phone.
- Backup all your important contacts, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important sms messages, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important call logs, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important media content manually. (Copy to your PC.)
- If you’ve flashed a custom recovery, it is suggested that you create a Nandroid Backup. [Important]
- Don’t forget to make EFS backup before flashing this firmware. [Important]
- If your device is rooted, you may use Titanium Backup to backup each and everything on your phone.
- Although it is not necessary to wipe your phone before flashing this firmware, but to achieve the best performance, it is recommended that you perform a factory reset before flashing this firmware.
- A clean install is always preferred for the best results from the new firmware. It is recommended that you wipe your phone from the recovery using “Factory Data Reset” option and then install this firmware.
- Turn off /disable Samsung Kies while using Odin3.
- Turn of any Anti Virus softwares while using Odin3.
- Alright. Follow the instructions carefully.
Things you need to download:
- Download and extract Odin3 v3.09.
- Download and Install Samsung USB drivers.
- Download and extract Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat For Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini.
How To Update Galaxy S4 Mini I9190 with Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat:
- Clean install is always recommended, at first, you need to backup everything as explained above. Now boot your Galaxy S4 Mini into recovery mode and wipe factory data / reset. In order to do so, turn off your device first, now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power Key and you should be able to see the recovery in a while.
- Open Odin3.exe.
- Put your S4 Mini in download mode. To do so, turn it off and wait for 10 seconds. Turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously, You should see a warning, press Volume Up to continue. In case this method doesn’t work for you, try one from this guide.
- Connect your S4 Mini to your PC.
- As soon as Odin detects your phone, the ID:COM box should turn blue. Make sure that you’ve installed Samsung USB drivers before connecting.
- For Odin 3.09 hit the AP tab. Select the extracted firmware file, that should be in .tar.md5 format.
- If you’re using Odin 3.07, you will select “PDA” tab instead of the AP tab, rest of the options remain untouched.
- Make sure that the options selected in your Odin are exactly as shown in the pic.
- Hit start and wait till the firmware flashing is complete, as soon as your device restarts, remove it from PC.
- Congrats! your device is now running on Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware.
That’s all. In case you got any queries or you face any issues regarding this guide, please feel free to stop by the comment box below and let us know about it. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Nicki Minaj The Empire for Windows PC and Mac - December 8, 2016
- Download Nicki Minaj The Empire APK - December 8, 2016
- Download Trusted Contacts APK - December 7, 2016