Samsung has surprised the Galaxy S4 Mini Duos users by rolling out Android 4.4.2 KitKat suddenly. The very first and the lucky region to receive this update is Russia. Besides being the latest and greatest version of Android (Android 4.4.2 KitKat), this update packs up a number of changes. These include performance enhancements, bug fixes, battery life has been enhanced and there are quite a few changes in the UI. The music player plays on the full lock screen now, notification bar is completely transparent with white buttons atop, and settings app has been revamped. There are many more changes that you may notice once you update your device.
Although this update is rolling out in Russia at the moment, but the Galaxy S4 Mini Duos users all around the world may not get disappointed as they can also update their device using by using a manual method. If you happen to be one of the Android enthusiasts owning this device and now looking for a method, you might have spotted the right place as in the following post we will be installing Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUCNG2 official firmware on our beloved Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos GT-I9192. Let’s scroll down now. Here are the firmware details:
- Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos GT-I9192
- OS: Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUCNG2
- Region: SER (Russia)
- Build Number: I9192XXUCNG2
- Build Date: 8/7/2014
- Changelist: 1995154
Here are the early preparations:
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos GT-I9192. Do not try this on any other device.
- Make sure that your phone’s battery is charged at least over 60%.
- Use the original data cable for establishing the connection between your PC and phone.
- Backup all your important contacts, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important sms messages, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important call logs, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important media content manually. (Copy to your PC.)
- If you’ve flashed a custom recovery, it is suggested that you create a Nandroid Backup. [Important]
- Don’t forget to make EFS backup before flashing this firmware. [Important]
- If your device is rooted, you may use Titanium Backup to backup each and everything on your phone.
- Although it is not necessary to wipe your phone before flashing this firmware, but to achieve the best performance, it is recommended that you perform a factory reset before flashing this firmware.
- A clean install is always preferred for the best results from the new firmware. It is recommended that you wipe your phone from the recovery using “Factory Data Reset” option and then install this firmware.
- Turn off /disable Samsung Kies while using Odin3.
- Turn of any Anti Virus softwares while using Odin3.
- Alright. Follow the instructions carefully.
Things you need to download:
How To Update Galaxy S4 Mini Duos I9192 with Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Clean install is always recommended, at first, you need to backup everything as explained above. Now boot your Galaxy S4 Mini Duos into recovery mode and wipe factory data / reset. In order to do so, turn off your device first, now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power Key and you should be able to see the recovery in a while.
- Open Odin3.exe.
- Put your S4 Mini Duos in download mode. To do so, turn it off and wait for 10 seconds. Turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously, You should see a warning, press Volume Up to continue. In case this method doesn’t work for you, try one from this guide.
- Connect your S4 Mini Duos to your PC.
- As soon as Odin detects your phone, the ID:COM box should turn blue. Make sure that you’ve installed Samsung USB drivers before connecting.
- For Odin 3.09 hit the AP tab. Select the extracted firmware file, that should be in .tar.md5 format.
- If you’re using Odin 3.07, you will select “PDA” tab instead of the AP tab, rest of the options remain untouched.
- Make sure that the options selected in your Odin are exactly as shown in the pic.
- Hit start and wait till the firmware flashing is complete, as soon as your device restarts, remove it from PC.
- Congrats! your device is now running on Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware.
That’s all. In case you got any queries or you face any issues regarding this guide, please feel free to stop by the comment box below and let us know about it. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Bubble Witch 3 Saga for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017
- Download Star Wars Force Arena for PC (Windows and Mac) - January 16, 2017
- Download Yu Gi Oh Duel Links for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017