Previously we posted the Android 5.0 Lollipop OTA update for Two of the GPe devices, both the HTC One M7 and M8 received the Lollipop OTA and now we have another device being updated to the Android 5.0 Lollipop and the common side is that this device is Google Play Edition too. Samsung Galaxy S4 GPe has received the OTA update of Android 5.0 Lollipop and thanks to XDA Member oldblue910 for mirroring the Update, who by far has successfully Mirrored all the available updates for Google Play Edition devices, whether it is Nexus or any other device.
Since this device is different than the TouchWiz based devices from Samsung so the installation method will be different too. We won’t be using Odin this time and Samsung Kies won’t work for this update too. There are Two possible ways to Install this OTA on your device; either get the OTA update, or make sure that your device is running a Recovery, that is a Custom One, otherwise wait for any Custom ROM based on this Lollipop ROM. In this Article we will show you How to Update Galaxy S4 GPe to Android 5.0 Lollipop Official Firmware.
- Charge your Battery to 60% or more.
- This guide is only for Galaxy S4 GPe
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Backup EFS
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously.
USB Drives: Link
Download OTA.zip: Link (LRX21P)
How to Update Galaxy S4 GPe:
- Download the OTA,zip and Copy it to the root of your sdcard
- Boot your device into Recovery: To do so, turn it off and wait for 10 seconds. Turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously, Quickly release the Power button when you see the Galaxy Logo Blink 3 times.
- Navigate to Wipe Cache and do it.
- Navigate to Advance > Wiper Devlik Cache and do it.
- Navigate to Wipe Data/Factory Reset and do it.
- Navigate to Install zip > Choose Zip and Choose the OTA.zip.
- Confirm the installation and Wait for it to be over.
- Once it is over, do a Factory Reset again and Reboot the device,
- After a Successful reboot, your device will be running Android 5.0 Lollipop
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Download Clash Of Clans .Apk For Free - March 31, 2017
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016