Samsung’s former flagship device Galaxy S3 is yet to receive Android 4.4 KitKat update. There’s a number of rumors suggesting this update to roll out in the first quarter of 2014, although the device is set to receive the update but Samsung hasn’t give any date officially yet. As long as there’s no official KitKat update for S3, the device owners may start feeling jealous form those running KitKat on their devices and it may become harder for em’ to wait. Well, to finish your appetite we’ve something here today.
CyanogenMod 11 is now officially available for a number of devices and Galaxy S3 GT-I9305 is one of those lucky devices. In case you don’t know about it, CaynogenMod is an open source project aftermarket distribution of Android, and CM 11 is the aftermarket version of Android 4.4.2 KitKat. That makes the point clear now, you can enjoy Android 4.4.2 KitKat on your LTE Galaxy S3 using CM 11 custom ROM. In the following post we’ll be viewing a method that will help you to install it on your device. Before we move forward, you need to make sure that you’re familiar with custom ROMs and the risks involved in flashing custom ROMs. In case you’re a newbie, some research may help you and in case you’re not good at this stop, it would not be wiser for you to install CM 11 on your device and you should stick to your stock Android ROM.
Here are some instructions and pre-requisites for installing this ROM on your device:
- This ROM works for all the variants of the Galaxy S3 GT-I9305. Do not try this on any other device. Check your device’s model under settings > About device > Model.
- Your device must be charged over at least 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any mishap during the installation process.
- Use the OEM data cable to establish connection between your PC and Phone if needed.
- Backup each and everything on your Android phone as you may have to go through data wipes during installation process. Here are the backup procedures.
- Backup all your important contacts, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important sms messages, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important call logs, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important media content manually. (Copy to your PC.)
- Backup all your apps / data. If you’ve rooted your device, use Titanium Backup to do so. Follow the full guide here.
- Your device must have a CWM or TWRP Recovery installed. Follow the full guide here to install one.
- Once installed TWRP or CWM, don’t forget to make a nandroid backup using the backup options in the custom recovery. This is highly recommended in case something goes wrong and you need to go back to the previous working state of your system immediately.
- Make sure that you read all the important instructions carefully. Once done, you may go ahead.
Alright. Make sure that you followed all the instructions carefully and let’s move forward to the 2nd page for ROM installation.
Pages: Page 1 > Page 2
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Bubble Witch 3 Saga for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017
- Download Star Wars Force Arena for PC (Windows and Mac) - January 16, 2017
- Download Yu Gi Oh Duel Links for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017