Samsung tested the Official Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat for Korean Galaxy S3 and since Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat runs smoothly on a device with 512mb of RAM, it had no problem running on a device with 2GB of RAM. So, the XDA community thought to bring the Galaxy S3 e210s ROM to the International Galaxy S3 I9300. How ironic, Koreans were porting the Official ROM of I9300 to e210s and XDA developers are doing exactly the inverse. The ROM was then heavily debloated, De-KNOXed, Deodexed, Zipalinged and Compressed and since it is not based on N7100 ROMs, it is far smooth and faster than all the other Kit-Kat ROMs. The ROM is based on TouchWiz Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat, and it will work on only the International Galaxy S3 I9300 and Galaxy S3 SK-3G.
This ROM is best for those who wants to stuck on Stock ROM and yet wants speed and performance, since this is the only Android 4.4.4 ROM out there for Galaxy S3, yet don’t want the Bloats and KNOX. If you are interested in Other ROMs, you can Visit our Custom ROMs section or you can install this ROM on your Galaxy S3(I9300, SK-3G) by following our tutorial below. This is not an official release from Samsung but a Custom ROM, you need to install a Custom Recovery on your device to install this and also your device must be rooted.Let’s go through the ROM features and early preparations and then flash this ROM.
This is only for Galaxy S3 I9300 and SK-3G!
This custom ROM is only for the device mentioned above. Make sure that your model number matches the one listed above. To do so, go to Settings > About Device on your device and see your model number. Flashing this ROM on any other device will result in bricking it so make sure that you meet this requirement first of all.
Battery should be charged at least over 60%
Make sure that your battery is charged enough to complete the flashing process. In case your battery is low and your device goes dead during the flashing process, you may end up soft bricking your device as it won’t complete the flashing process.
Flash a Custom Recovery
A custom recovery, whether a TWRP or CWM is required to flash this ROM. You may find Philz Advanced CWM recovery on our site, make sure that you flash this one using the instructions explained in the guide.
4. Backup everything!
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. You may backup everything as listed below.
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Backup EFS
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing.
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SAMSUNG in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat Unofficial ROM: Link
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn Off your Device
- Open Recovery mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons until you see some text on screen.
CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery Users.
- Back-up your ROM using the Recovery.
- To Perform a Back-up, Navigate to Back-up and Restore on Next screen, Choose Back-up again.
- Go back to Main Screen after the Back-up is complete.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’, so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the back-to-n00t.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Now In Aroma Installer, Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Then choose whatever you like from the Options and Continue
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
- Tap On Back-Up and Select System and Data
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the back-to-n00t.zip, Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Do a Factory Reset In the Aroma Installer, and After choosing the Options Continue
- Once the Installation is Over, you will be promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
Solve Signature Verification Error:
- Open Recovery.
- Navigate to install zip from Sdcard
- Navigate to Toggle Signature Verification and Press Power Button and See if it is disabled or not. Disable it and then Install the Zip without any Error.
First Boot might take up-to 5-minutes, so let your device rest for 5-minutes as you do something else.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016