Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat Official firmware will be released, however, only for a handful of devices and they must be released in 2013 or later to receive it, older than 2012 devices won’t be able to support this Firmware. But we are only talking about Official Firmwares here, not the Custom Ones, Custom ROMs can be based on any Android version, including the latest one Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat. Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, last update was Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, after that there was no official update regarding the Galaxy S2 Skyrocket. But those who owns the device must have been demanding the latest Kit-Kat firmware on their device, thus, the developers are creating ROMs based on Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat for such devices.
SlimKat is based on Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat and it is available for Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-I727, and some amazing features are added in it, the noticeable one is that the Home Button won’t be blocked if the incoming call is a Background Call. The Real Dark Slim theme allows you to save battery a lot more and also it gives your device some dashing Black looks.If you are interested in Other ROMs, you can Visit our Custom ROMs section or you can install this ROM on your Galaxy S2 Skyrocket by following our tutorial below. This is not an official release from Samsung but a Custom ROM, you need to install a Custom Recovery on your device to install this and also your device must be rooted.
In this Article, we will show you How To Update Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-I727 to Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat via SlimKat ROM.But before we begin, make sure:
- That you have a Well Charged Battery, 60%-80% is better.
- Back-Up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
- Back-Up your Mobiles EFS Data. How To Restore and Back-Up EFS Data On Samsung Galaxy Devices
- Check your device model, Go To Setting > About and Make sure that it is SGH-I727
- Do not try it on any other device.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode
- Download USB Driver For Samsung Devices: Link
- Root Your Device: Link
The methods involved in flashing custom ROMs and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Samsung in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility
Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat SlimKatROM: Link
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn Off your Device
- Open Recovery mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons until you see some text on screen.
CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery Users.
- Back-up your ROM using the Recovery.
- To Perform a Back-up, Navigate to Back-up and Restore on Next screen, Choose Back-up again.
- Go back to Main Screen after the Back-up is complete.
- First Choose ‘Wipe Cache’.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’, so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Then Finally Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the SlimKat.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the SlimKat.zip, Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will be promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
Solve Signature Verification Error:
- Open Recovery.
- Navigate to install zip from Sdcard
- Navigate to Toggle Signature Verification and Press Power Button and See if it is disabled or not. Disable it and then Install the Zip without any Error.
First Boot might take up-to 5-minutes, so let your device rest for 5-minutes as you do something else.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016