Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 was released in 2011, but Samsung has done everything that they can to keep it alive in the market, probably the only set of 2011 to receive not only the Android 4.1.1 update but also Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update. And its look like tht this is the end of Samsung Galaxy S2, because according to Samsung, Galaxy S2 will not be receiving the update of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
Well, Who cares, when you have the option of installing Custom ROMs why wait fo the official Firmware. SuperNexus 3.0 is available for Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100, and guess what? It is based on Android 4.3. If you are interested in installing Custom ROMs on your devices, do explore our site.
In this Article we will tell you How To Update Galaxy S2 I9100 To SuperNexus Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Custom ROM. But before we begin, make sure that:
- Your Device must be rooted.
- CMW must be installed on your device.
- Your Phone battery level is at 85% .
- You are using the original USB cable.
- Back up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Samsung in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
How To Update Galaxy S2 I9100 To SuperNexus Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Custom ROM.
- Download Android 4.3 SuperNexus ROM and Google Apps for Galaxy S II to your computer.
- Connect your device with PC using original Data cable.
- Copy and Paste the Android 4.3 SuperNexus ROM file to the Root of your SD card or internal memory (do not copy it in any folder).
- Disconnect the phone from PC.
- Now go into Recovery Mode, Press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power Buttons at the same time until you see some text on the screen.
- In Recovery, first Select ‘Cache Wipe’.
- Then Select Advance and select ‘Devlik Cache wipe’, so you won’t get into any boot Loop.
- Finally Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Now Select ‘Install zip from Sd card’ then select ‘Flash zip from sd card’. In case of internal memory select Flash zip from internal sd’.
- Select the zip file you downloaded and wait for the installation to finish, then go back and select ‘reboot system now’.
Note: Repeat Step 9 to Install Google Apps.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016