This ROM is the Perfect Combination of Samsung Stock Kit-Kat, OmniROM and Paranoid ROM, not all the features of those ROM is ported in this One, but it has all the important features you will like.This ROM includes PIE CONTROL, MULTIWINDOW SUPPORT, FLOATING WINDOW and OTA UPDATE support. Plus this ROM also includes Dolby sound enhancement for audiophiles. This is quite a Stable, Fast and Smooth ROM for all the Galaxy Note users out there. The OTA Center in this ROM allows you to update the ROM within the device and also keeps you updated about the latest versions of the ROM.If you are interested in other ROMs, you can visit our Custom ROM section Or You can update your Galaxy Note N7000 to Lightning 4.4.2 ROM by following our Tutorial. Make sure to read the full article before trying it on your device.This is not an official release from Samsung , but a Custom ROM, you need to install a Custom Recovery on your device to install it and also your device must be rooted.
But why would anyone goes for a Custom ROM instead of staying on the Stock On, allow me to explain. “Stock and Official ROMs are good, but they are created with keeping in mind the demands of all,some wants performance and some wants speed, some wants looks, some wants features. Putting them all in one ROM can cause Lag, Performance issues and bugs. But Custom ROM in basically designed for either Looks or Performance and Custom ROM gives speed and great performance with Tweaks and System Tools.”
In this Article, we will show you How To Install Lightning 4.4.2 Kit-Kat On Galaxy Note N7000.But before we begin, Make sure:
- That you have a Well Charged battery.
- Back-up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Samsung in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility
- Your Device must be Rooted and Latest Custom Recovery must be installed on it.
- Enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure that battery level is at 85% or more.
- This Tutorial is Only For Galaxy Note N7000.
- Back-Up your Mobiles EFS Data. How To Restore and Back-Up EFS Data On Samsung Galaxy Devices
Features Of Lightning ROM:
- PIE Control
- Floating Window
- OTA Update
- Much More Coming In Next Version
All Read and Done, Let’s Go to installation process and Find out how to install this Custom ROM on your device.
Here you will find the Step-by-Step Guide On How To Install Lightning Android 4.4 Custom ROM On Galaxy Note N7000. Let me Warn you that after installing this ROM, Samsung Kies will now Detect your Phone. If you ever want to Go Back to the Official ROM. But let me remind you again, ClockworkMod Recovery(Older Version) is not recommended when it comes to installing this ROM, Only latest versions of TWRP and CWM Touch Recovery is supported without bugs. So, if you are using an Old CWM Recovery or TWRP on your device Upgrade it to the Latest version, if you want to go with older version, you are on your own. We are warning you that if you used and Older Recovery and Brick your device, We will not be responsible for anything.
- Download Lightning Android 4.4 ROM: Link
- Samsung USB Drivers: Link
- USB Debugging is enable, go-to Settings > Developers Option and Tick the USB debugging.
- Download Google Apps: Link
How To Install It.
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn Off your Device
- Open Recovery mode. How? Press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power buttons until you see some text on screen.
CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery Users.
- First Choose ‘Wipe Cache’.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’ so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Then Finally Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the Android 4.4.2 Lightning ROM.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Once the Installation is Over Flash Google Apps, Select +++++Go Back+++++.
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the Android 4.4.2 Lightning ROM and Google Apps , Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
Solve Signature Verification Error:
- Open Recovery.
- Navigate to install zip from Sdcard
- Navigate to Toggle Signature Verification and Press Power Button and See if it is disabled or not. Disable it and then Install the Zip without any Error.
That is it, After a Successful reboot, your Galaxy Note N7000 will be running Android 4.4.2 Lightning ROM.Wait for At-least 5-minutes for the First run, then go to Settings > About to Verify.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Download Clash Of Clans .Apk For Free - March 31, 2017
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016