Galaxy Note 5 Duos with the model number N9208 has started receiving the Android 7.0 Nougat update. The update first landed in the Philippines region. Note 5 in this new update has got a bunch of new features. If you don’t already know what’s new, then we will have a flashback on what’s new in Android Nougat for the Note 5.
The Android 7.0 Nougat for Galaxy Note 5 has several notable new features. Note 5 on Nougat has the ability to change the display resolution. You can change this setting to get more power out of your phone’s battery. The phone’s font size can be further resized now. Calendar application has been revamped as well. The settings application is new as well, all icons are new as well. Application drawer has got all icons revamped as well. There are new power saving modes in the phone. There is a brand new Camera UI. You can even switch between front and back cameras by double tapping the Home button. Samsung has added a blue light filter in the phone to ease your eyes. Notification bar has new toggles which will make it easy for users to change any settings on the go. In the Nougat update, Samsung also introduced device maintenance mode using which you can give a boost to the performance and battery life of your phone. You can also remove junk using this mode in the phone.
That’s not it, there are many other features in Nougat that you will discover upon using it. The update is currently rolling out through OTA. If you own the N9208 variant of the Note 5 and you haven’t got the update yet, your only way to update the phone may be through Odin. The firmware files have surfaced over the web now. Users can download the firmware and flash it on their phone through Odin. The firmware is completely stock. It will not void the warranty of your phone or cause any harm. I have written the steps below to update Galaxy Note 5 N9208 to Nougat. Have a look now and get it done.
Update Galaxy Note 5 N9208 to Nougat
- Make sure that your device is exactly as mentioned above. To check out what device you have, go to Settings > More/General > About Device or Settings > About Device and match the model number. Be careful about the device model number, flashing a file on a device not listed here might result in bricking it up. In that case, we may not be held responsible.
- Your device’s battery should not be weak. In case your device goes dead during the flashing process, your device may get soft bricked and you might be in need of flashing stock firmware and that will ultimately result in wiping up your data as well.
- Always use the original data cable to establish connection between your Android device and your computer / laptop. Using ordinary data cables might interrupt the flashing process, so to avoid any mishap, you need to meet this requirement as well.
- Backup everything!
- Make sure that you turn off Samsung Kies while using Odin3 flashtool. Samsung Kies will interrupt Odin3 and will result in causing errors and may not let you flash your desired firmware. Also, make sure that you turn off any antivirus software you’ve installed and also disable firewall to avoid any connection and flashing issues.
Required Downloads & Installations
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download and extract Odin3 v3.12.3
- Firmware for N9208: Download Android 7 Nougat for N9208
- Extract the downloaded firmware file to get the .tar.md5 files.
How to Install Official Android 7.0 Nougat on Galaxy Note 5 N9208
- Make sure that you read the instructions listed above carefully and you’re all set to go ahead now.
- Wipe your device complete in order to attain a neat installation. You may boot into the recovery mode and perform a factory data reset.
- Open Odin3.exe.
- Put your Galaxy Note 5 in download mode. To do so, turn it off and wait for 10 seconds. Turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously, You should see a warning, press Volume Up to continue. In case this method doesn’t work for you, try one from this guide.
- Connect your device to your PC.
- As soon as Odin detects your phone, the ID:COM box should turn blue.
- Now in Odin, selects the files one by one as shown in the picture.
- Select BL tab and select the BL file in it.
- Select AP tab and select the PDA or AP file in it.
- Select CP tab and select the CP file in it.
- Select CSC tab and select HOME_CSC file in it.
- Make sure that the options selected in your Odin are exactly as shown in the pic.
- Hit start and wait till the firmware flashing is complete, The flashing process box will turn green upon successful flashing.
- Once the flashing process has been completed successfully, disconnect your device and reboot it manually.
- Once the device boots up, checkout the new firmware now.
- Your device will be running on official Android 7.0 Nougat firmware.
- Once updated to stock, do not try to downgrade, or else you will result in messing up EFS partition of your device.
- That’s all!
These are some useful guides for Note N9208 owners:
Got any queries? Make sure that you drop em’ in the comment box below. Good Luck!
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How to install Magisk Systemless Interface on Android - April 22, 2017
- Fix Galaxy S8 Not registered on network - April 22, 2017
- How to fix LG G4 that keeps restarting itself - April 22, 2017