Android 5.0 Lollipop is available for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005. After Samsung updating Galaxy S5, Samsung is working on delivering update to its flagship of last year, Galaxy Note 3. Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware has been leaked for LTE variant of Galaxy Note 3. It seems like a test firmware. It seems like Galaxy Note 4 and Note Edge are next in line to get this update.
The firmware has the build number N9505XXUGBNL8, weighing 1.1GB. It brings the re-touched TouchWiz and the Android 5.0 Experience to your device. Thanks to XDA member, mithun46, who has created a wonderful and simple Guide to help us all in this matter and thus we are providing you this Tutorial. We will be using Odin in tutorial, although the method won’t be the same as usual, cause this time there multiple files instead of a single one. Without further ado, let us continue.
- Charge your Battery to 60% or more.
- This guide is only for Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Backup EFS
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously
- Download and extract Odin3 v3.09.
- Download and Install Samsung USB drivers .
- Download and extract firmware file: Link
- PIT Back-up: Link
How To Install Android 5.0 Lollipop on Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005!
- Download and Extract the Firmware file.
- Open Odin and Boot your Mobile in Download mode : turn it off and wait for 10 seconds. Turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously, You should see a warning, press Volume Up to continue. In case this method doesn’t work for you, try one from this guide.
- Connect your device with PC.
- As soon as Odin detects your phone, the ID:COM box should turn blue. Make sure that you’ve installed Samsung USB drivers before connecting.
- Once the device is connected, Proceed blow.
For 32GB Model:
The Only Difference in both of these Models is the PIT file, you will add it for 32 GB Model, but not for 16GB model. Make Sure that everything is as in the Screenshot below:
For 16GB Model:
Don’t add the PIT file for this model.
- That is it, Now Press the Start button.
- Wait and see how everything is done for you.
- Once the Process is over, your device will reboot.
- After a successful reboot, you will be presented with the Android 5.0 Lollipop.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016