Galaxy Note 10.1 was the very first 10-inch tablet released by an OEM, way back in August 2012 and because of its S-Pen and huge Size it was a big hit, still many loves this specific Tablet and prefer it over a lot of other devices. The Tablet series was, afterwards relaunched by Samsung with New Software and many new features the next year. The device arrived with Android 4.0.4 ICS out of the Box and its been a really long time since this device received a Major Update and for some reasons, no one knows why, Samsung didn’t release Android 4.2.2-4.3 Jelly Bean for this device and as the Owner of such costly device many users lost the hope of receiving any big update for this device.
Well it looks like these people are lucky as the Android 4.4.2 Leaked firmware arises on the Web for Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000 and thus caught and shared by XDA. This leaked Firmware is enough to make sure that the official one is not far behind. izap from XDA Developer has shared the Leaked Android 4.4.2 with build version N8000OXADND5 for GT-N8000. If you own variants like N8010 or N8020, then you’ll have to wait for their own released of Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat and like any other Samsung Firmware, Odin will be used to install this one too. The firmware is meant for Open Europe and it means that it can be installed on any carrier unbranded Note 10.1 N8000.
If you are familiar with Odin and it’s working, then this tutorial might not be difficult for you. Otherwise read the whole tutorial first before trying it on your device. In this Article, we will show you How To Update Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000 To Leak Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat Official Firmware. But before we begin, Make sure:
- Back-Up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
- Back-Up your Mobiles EFS Data. How To Restore and Back-Up EFS Data On Samsung Galaxy Devices
- Check your device model, Go To Setting > About and Make sure that it is GT-N8000.
- Do-not try it on GT-N8010 or N8020
- Enable USB Debugging Mode
- Download USB Driver For Samsung Devices: Link
The methods involved in flashing custom ROMs and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is SAMSUNG in our case. In a case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
- Model: Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000
- OS Version: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Build date: April 2014
- Product Code: OXA (Open Europe)
- PDA: N8000XXUDND5
- CSC: N8000OXADND5
- MODEM: N8000XXUDND2
How To Install It.
- Download Leaked Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat | Mirror | Mirror | Mirror for Galaxy Note 10.1 to your computer and extract the zip file.
- Download Odin.
- Turn off your Phone and Turn it On While Pressing, Power + Volume Down + Home button until you see some text on-screen, Press Volume Up to continue.
- Make Sure that the USB drivers are installed.
- Open Odin in Computer and connect your device to PC, while it is in the Download mode.
- If your Phone is successfully connected to PC, the Odin port will turn Yellow with COM port number.
- Now Click on PDA and select the File N8000XXUDND5_N8000OXADND5_N8000XXUDND2_OXA.md5 , or the one who has the biggest size.
- In Odin, Check Auto reboot and F.Reset Options.
- Now Click the Start button and wait for the process to complete.
- After the installation is complete you device will restart and once you see the Home Screen, unplug the cable.
That’s it your Galaxy Note 10.1 has been updated to Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat Leaked Firmware. Go to Settings > About To verify.
Latest posts by Ali Raza (see all)
- Summoners War for PC Windows 7/8 or Mac - February 23, 2017
- How To Take Screen Shot on Samsung Galaxy S4 [ Guide ] - February 23, 2017
- Criminal Case Pacific Bay for PC – Windows & Mac - February 18, 2017