As we have mentioned in the past, that Samsung has the best firmware support in all the OEMs. We are not talking about flagship devices, but old devices too, Samsung has released Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat for most of its devices while other OEMs are still giving hope to their users about the latest updates, where Samsung is releasing the updates like they are nothing, no wonder it is on the top of Market. Even when it comes to flashing official ROMs manually, Samsung has the largest database of official ROMs and they release roms of all the regions and they also have Odin mode to flash the Official firmwares without any problem at all.
Galaxy Mega 6.3 has recently received the update of Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat, before that CM 11 was the only hope to use Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy Mega 6.3. However, since it was not an Official release, many find a lot of bugs in it. For those who just can’t wait to get their hands on Android 4.4.2, this is the best opportunity for them as this is an un-branded ROM and will work on all the Carrier unlock devices. If you are familiar with Odin and it’s working, then this tutorial might not be difficult for you. Otherwise read the whole tutorial first before trying it on your device. In this Article, we will show you How To Update Galaxy Mega 6.3 I9200 To Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat Official Firmware. But before we begin, Make sure:
- Back-Up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
- Back-Up your Mobiles EFS Data. How To Restore and Back-Up EFS Data On Samsung Galaxy Devices
- Check your device model, Go To Setting > About and Make sure that it is GT-I9200.
- Do-not try it on any other device.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode
- Download USB Driver For Samsung Devices: Link
The methods involved in flashing custom ROMs and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is SAMSUNG in our case. In a case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
- Model: GT-I9200
- Model name: GALAXY Mega 6.3
- Country: Russia
- Version: Android 4.4.2
- Changelist: 1496181
- Build date: Wed, 21 May 2014 14:36:09 +0000
- Product Code: SER
- PDA: I9200XXUDNE4
- CSC: I9200SERDNE4
- MODEM: I9200XXUDNE4
How To Install It.
- Download Android 4.4.2 I9200XXUDNE4 for Galaxy Mega 6.3 to your computer and extract the zip file.
- Download Odin.
- Turn off your Phone and Turn it On While Pressing, Power + Volume Down + Home button until you see some text on-screen, Press Volume Up to continue.
- Make Sure that the USB drivers are installed.
- Open Odin in Computer and connect your device to PC, while it is in the Download mode.
- If your Phone is successfully connected to PC, the Odin port will turn Yellow with COM port number.
- Now Click on PDA and select the File who has the biggest size.
- In Odin, Check Auto reboot and F.Reset Options.
- Now Click the Start button and wait for the process to complete.
- After the installation is complete you device will restart and once you see the Home Screen, unplug the cable.
That’s it your Galaxy Mega 6.3 has been updated to Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat Firmware. Go to Settings > About To verify
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016