Here’s how you can install and Update Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow using Resurrection Remix custom ROM.
Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 which was upgadable to only Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean officially is now upgradable to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Yes, you read it perfectly right. You can now install the all new Android Marshmallow on your 4 years old Android smartphone. This awesomeness has been brought to the Galaxy Grand Duos by means of Resurrection Remix custom ROM. Resurrection Remix is one of the few popular custom ROMs which is also one of the most trusted custom ROM available for a lot of Android smartphones.
The Resurrection Remix Android Marshmallow for Galaxy Grand Duos is based on famous ROMs like CyanogenMod, Slim ROM, OmniROM and others. These ROMs altogether add to performance, stability and feature enhancement of this ROM. The ROM comes with countless features that you may never be able to find on any other custom ROM available for the Galaxy Grand Duos. You can have a look at the full feature list here. As far as the bugs are concerned, this ROM is quite stable. You don’t need to worry about your everyday use as this ROM will probably fulfil all of your everyday tasking needs. You just need a compatible recovery to flash this ROM. There are no other hard and fast rules to follow at all. As you head next, you will find the comprehensive guide to flash the custom recovery in order to flash this ROM and then you will find the complete to the point instructions to flash this ROM on your Galaxy Grand Duos I9082.
- This guide is only intended for Galaxy Grand GT-I9082. Do not try flashing this ROM on any other device, otherwise you will result in bricking it.
- Your device must be running stock Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean before flashing this ROM. Do not flash this ROM over Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean or any other custom ROM.
- Make sure that your phone is charged at least 50% to avoid power issues during the process.
- Install TWRP recovery on your Galaxy Grand. This guide will work for both I9082 and I9082L variants.
- Create a Nandroid backup of your Galaxy Grand using the recovery.
- Also create an EFS Backup of your Galaxy Grand.
- Also backup your Contacts, Call Logs and SMS Messages.
- Follow the instructions carefully to avoid any mishap.
Disclaimer: Flashing custom ROMs is a highly risky process. In case of a mishap, TechBeasts or the ROM developer may not be held responsible. Make sure that you’re doing everything at your own risk.
How to Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Galaxy Grand I9082 via Resurrection Remix ROM
- Download latest Resurrection Remix Marshmallow.zip file for your device.
- Download Gapps.zip (PICO) file for Android Marshmallow.
- Connect your phone to your PC now.
- Copy all .zip files to the storage of your phone.
- Now disconnect your phone and turn it off complete.
- Boot into TWRP recovery now, in order to do so, turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key. You should see the recovery mode in a while.
- Now in TWRP recovery wipe cache, dalvik cache and factory data reset under advanced options.
- After wiping all these three, tap “Install” option.
- Now select “Install > Locate Zip from SD card > Select Resurrection Remix Marshmallow.zip file > Yes”.
- This will flash the ROM in your phone, once done get back to the main menu in recovery.
- Now once again select “Install > Locate Zip from SD card > Select Gapps.zip file > Yes”
- This will flash the Gapps in your phone.
- Reboot your device.
- You should see the Android 6.0 Marshmallow running on your device in a while.
- That’s all!
Got any queries? Reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Google GApps for Android 5.1.x Lollipop [All ROMs] - March 24, 2017
- How to fix Super Mario Run Error 804-5100 - March 24, 2017
- Fix Galaxy S7/S7 Edge issues after Nougat update - March 24, 2017