Samsung Galaxy E5 currently runs on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. Samsung will update this device to Android 6.0 Marshmallow but we have no idea when this good thing will happen. Samsung is too much lazy when it comes to software updates, this fact might disappoint many Galaxy E5 owners as they won’t be able to taste the Marshmallows inside their Galaxy E5 anytime soon. So far, Samsung hasn’t updated any single smartphone of the Galaxy series to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Any device, that’s enjoying the Marshmallow firmware is only a blessing of custom ROMs. Luckily, Galaxy E5 E500H has been blessed by something similar.
Galaxy E5 owners, who are willing to get Android Marshmallow firmware on their phone can now get it by means of CyanogenMod 13.0 custom ROM. The ROM is the result of hard work of XDA recognised developer jackeagle. Currently, this ROM is in early development stages so expect a number of bugs under the hood. The things that may not work at the moment is the volume coming out of the speaker and FM radio. We expect these bugs to be fixed in the future builds. If these two features are not a big deal for you and you can compromise on the speaker volume by using a handsfree, you may go ahead and flash this custom ROM on your phone. If you’re a newbie, you’ve to be a little extra careful while you follow the procedure. Time for us to take you through the comprehensive guide to install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on your Galaxy E5 E500H using CyanogenMod 13.0 custom ROM now.
- This ROM has been found working fine on Galaxy E5 500H. Do not use this rom on any other Android device as using an invalid file may result in bricking it.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid power issues during flashing process.
- Flash TWRP Recovery on your Galaxy E5 E500H using the instructions below.
- Backup your important contacts, call logs, sms messages and media content before proceeding.
- Don’t forget to create a Nandroid backup and also backup its EFS partition after you’ve flashed the TWRP recovery.
- Follow this guide carefully to avoid any mishaps and get the process done successfully.
DISCLAIMER: FLASHING CUSTOM RECOVERIES, CUSTOM ROMS AND ROOTING THE ANDROID SMARTPHONES AT FIRST INVOLVES GOING THROUGH A COMPLEX PROCESS AND IT INCLUDES POTENTIAL RISKS. ALTHOUGH THE METHODS LISTED ON OUR SITE ARE PRETTY MUCH SAFE TO FOLLOW, BUT WE DO NOT GUARANTEE A SAFE RESULT IN THE END. JUST IN CASE YOU END UP BRICKING YOUR DEVICE OR GETTING SOMETHING WRONG DONE, TECHBEASTS OR THE DEVICE MANUFACTURER MAY NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IN THAT CASE. MAKE SURE THAT YOU’VE READ EACH AND EVERYTHING CAREFULLY AND YOU’RE PROCEEDING AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Install TWRP Recovery on your Galaxy E5 E500H
- Download and install Samsung USB drivers on your computer.
- Download and extract Odin3 v3.10.6
- Download twrp recovery.tar.md5 file
- Make sure that you’ve installed and downloaded the stuff linked above.
- Open Odin3 V3.10.6.exe that you extracted on your PC.
- If there’s OEM Unlock option in your phone, then enable it first. Enable OEM Unlock on your phone. To do so on your phone, go to settings > about device > tap the build number for 7 times to enable developer options. Get back to the settings and open developer options. Under developer options turn on “OEM unlock.“
- Put your Galaxy E5 in download mode now. To do so, turn it off completely. Now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power Key. Once your phone boots up, press the Volume Up key to continue.
- Connect your phone to your PC now. The ID:COM box in the top-left corner of Odin3 should turn blue. This indicates that your phone is connected properly.
- Now click the “AP” tab in Odin and select the twrp recovery.tar.md5 file that you downloaded. It will take a second or two for Odin3 to load this file.
- Make sure that your Odin3 looks like this. The only option ticked should be F. Reset Time.
- Now you’re all set to flash the recovery. Just click the start button in Odin3 and sit back.
- Once the process box above ID:COM box shows green light and flashing process is finished, disconnect your device.
- Now turn off your device properly as we are going to boot into recovery mode. You can turn it off by keeping the power key pressed for a while.
- Now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power Key. This will boot your device in recovery mode. It should be TWRP recovery that you just installed.
- Once done, reboot your device into system using the reboot option in TWRP recovery.
How To Update Galaxy E5 E500 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow via CyanogenMod 13 custom ROM
- Download CyanogenMod 13.zip file according to your device
- Download Gapps.zip file for Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow according to your device.
- Connect your phone to your PC now.
- Copy all .zip files to the storage of your phone.
- Now disconnect your phone and turn it off complete.
- Boot into TWRP recovery now, in order to do so, turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key. You should see the recovery mode in a while.
- Now in TWRP recovery, wipe cache, factory data reset and advanced options > dalvik cache.
- After wiping all these three, select “Install” option.
- Now select “Install > Choose Zip from SD card > Select cm-13.0…….zip file > Yes”.
- This will flash the ROM in your phone, once done get back to the main menu in recovery.
- Now once again select “Install > Choose Zip from SD card > Select Gapps.zip file > Yes”
- This will flash the Gapps in your phone.
- Reboot your device.
- You should see the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow CyanogenMod 13.0 running on your device in a while.
- That’s all!
First boot may take up to 10 minutes, you may not worry if it’s taking that much long. In case it’s taking too long, you may boot into TWRP recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache and reboot your device as it may fix the issue. In case your device is having issues, you may return to your old system using the Nandroid backup or follow our guide here to install stock firmware.
Got any queries? Reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Google GApps for Android 5.1.x Lollipop [All ROMs] - March 24, 2017
- How to fix Super Mario Run Error 804-5100 - March 24, 2017
- Fix Galaxy S7/S7 Edge issues after Nougat update - March 24, 2017