Galaxy A5 A500F and A500H are the mid-range Galaxy smartphones from the year 2015. Galaxy A5 originally came out back in 2014. Samsung loaded the phone with a 5.0-inch display having 720 x 1280 pixels resolution and 294 ppi. On the board we had a Snapdragon 410 CPU accompanied by Adreno 306 GPU and a RAM of 2 GB. A 13 MP shooter was fixed at the back and a 5 MP selfie shooter was there. Galaxy A5 ran on Android 4.4.4 KitKat out of the box. The phone was updated to Android Lollipop afterwards. It’s quite surprising to see that Samsung has started rolling out Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for the phone in select regions. We are not kidding, the Marshamllow update for the first-gen A5 is happening for real.
The Android Marshmallow for Galaxy A5 brings all those new changes you saw in Android Marshmallow by Google. A few UI touchups are there, performance, battery life and stability of the phone have improved significantly. The update currently is rolling out through OTA. In case you haven’t got it yet, you might be in need of a method to update your phone manully. Update your Galaxy A5 to Marshmallow manually is possible through Samsung’s own flashtool Odin. You just have to get your hands on the firmware files and then follow the guide to update the phone right now.
The firmware installed through Odin is completely safe, secure and untouched. It is in its official form and the flashing process involves no risk at all. Follow the steps to the letter to avoid any mishap. Go ahead to see how to update Galaxy A5 A500F/A500H to Official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow right now.
- Make sure that your device is exactly as mentioned above. To check out what device you have, go to Settings > More/General > About Device or Settings > About Device and match the model number. Be careful about the device model number, flashing a file on a device not listed here might result in bricking it up. In that case, we may not be held responsible.
- Your device’s battery should not be weak. In case your device goes dead during the flashing process, your device may get soft bricked and you might be in need of flashing stock firmware and that will ultimately result in wiping up your data as well.
- Always use the original data cable to establish connection between your Android device and your computer / laptop. Using ordinary data cables might interrupt the flashing process, so to avoid any mishap, you need to meet this requirement as well.
- Backup everything!
- Make sure that you turn off Samsung Kies while using Odin3 flashtool. Samsung Kies will interrupt Odin3 and will result in causing errors and may not let you flash your desired firwmrae. Also, make sure that you turn off any antivirus software you’ve installed and also disable firewall to avoid any connection and flashing issues.
Required Downloads & Installations
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download and extract Odin3 v3.10.6.
- Download the Official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware according to your device: SM-A500H | SM-A500F
- Extract the downloaded firmware file to get the .tar.md5 file.
Update Galaxy A5 A500F/A500H to Official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow [How To]
- Make sure that you read the instructions listed above carefully and you’re all set to go ahead now.
- Wipe your device complete in order to attain a neat installation. You may boot into the recovery mode and perform a factory data reset.
- Open Odin3.exe.
- Put your Galaxy A5 in download mode. To do so, turn it off and wait for 10 seconds. Turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously, You should see a warning, press Volume Up to continue. In case this method doesn’t work for you, try one from this guide.
- Connect your device to your PC.
- As soon as Odin detects your phone, the ID:COM box should turn blue. Make sure that you’ve installed Samsung USB drivers before connecting.
- For Odin 3.09 or 3.10.6 hit the AP tab. Select the Android Marshmallow firmware.tar.md5 or firmware.tar, that you downloaded and extracted above.
- If you’re using Odin 3.07, you will select “PDA” tab instead of the AP tab, rest of the options remain untouched.
- Make sure that the options selected in your Odin are exactly as shown in the pic.
- Hit start and wait till the firmware flashing is complete, The flashing process box will turn green upon successful flashing.
- Once the flashing process has been completed successfully, disconnect your device and reboot it manually.
- Once the device boots up, checkout the new firmware now.
- Your device will be running on official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware.
- Once updated to stock, do not try to downgrade, or else you will result in messing up EFS partition of your device.
- That’s all!
Got any queries? Make sure that you drop em’ in the comment box below. Good Luck!
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus Stock Wallpapers - March 29, 2017
- List of Samsung Galaxy S8 & Galaxy S8 Plus Model Numbers - March 29, 2017
- T-Mobile goes underwater to welcome the Galaxy S8 with Sharks - March 29, 2017