Two days ago, we heard that HTC Canada promised to release the OTA update for HTC One M8 and not just any update, Android 5.0.1 Lollipop update, the international HTC One M8 variant has already received the Lollipop OTA. Today we have seen this update start to roll all over the Canada and even better, at XDA TwistyValhalla, has captured and mirrored this OTA update. The update has been available for Fido/Rogers HTC One M8 and requires a Stock device, a completely stock device. If you haven’t received this OTA update, get ready cause we are about to show you how to update your device manually.
The update is fresh, so if you feel any bugs after updating your device, don’t worry they will be solved in further small updates. Furthermore, the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop will be available for this device in near future, till then just update it to latest version available and enjoy. Just make sure to back-up everything before proceeding. If you want to update your HTC One M8 to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop, then you’ll need your device to run the Stock ROM and Stock Recovery first, then and only then you’ll be able to flash this file. In this article, we will show you How to Update Canadian HTC One M8 to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop OTA Update, without further ado, let’s continue. Without further ado, let us continue.
- This is only for Canadian HTC One M8
- Battery should be charged at least over 60%
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing.
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is HTC in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Android 5.0.1 Lollipop OTA Update : Link
How to Install Android 5.0.1 Lollipop:
- First of all make sure that your device is running Stock Recovery.
- Configure Fastboot on your device, How? How to Install Android Adb & Fastboot Drivers on Your Windows PC [Guide].
- Now Connect your device with PC.
- Copy the above downloaded file to the root of your Sdcard.
- Open Command prompt in Fastboot folder and type: adb reboot recovery
- Once in Recovery, Choose Apply Update from Internal Storage
- Navigate to “0” and choose the Zip file.
- Confirm the Installation and Wait for the updater to do its job.
- Once done, reboot your device.
- After a Successful Reboot, Go to Settings > About to verify the Android version.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016