At&t just aired the Note 5 Nougat update. At&t’s Nougat update for Galaxy Note 5 comes right after Samsung updated the N920G variant of the Note 5 to Nougat. So far, Galaxy Note 5 N920C, N920G reveived the update. N920A, the At&t variant happens to be the third note variant to join this league, which is quite an efficient move from At&T as other carriers are still not showing any signs of Note 5 Nougat update.
The new update brings tons of new features and UI changes. Galaxy Note 5 on Nougat sees a new notification menu with new toggle buttons. There is a completely new settings application with new icons. The application icons in the application drawer are new as well. Samsung has added additional features to the toggle buttons. There are new options like changing the screen resolution in the phone now. Android Nougat looks more crispy on the screen. It also enhances the battery life and performance of the phone.
At&t has rolled out the Nougat update through OTA. If you own an At&t Note 5 within the At&t’s coverage region, you can go to settings > about device > software section and check for latest updates. If you find an update, you can download it and install it on your device without going through any complexities. Just in case you are out of luck with the in-built OTA, you will have to choose a different method. Luckily, the OTA files have surfaced the web and you can now flash them manually to Update AT&t Galaxy Note 5 to Android Nougat.
- The update is intended only for the Galaxy Note 5 N920A At&t. Do not try this on any other phone.
- Backup everything including text messages, contacts, call logs and media content.
- Enable OEM Unlocking on your At&t Galaxy Note 5.
- Allow USB debugging mode on your phone.
- Turn of reactivation lock in settings > Lock screen and security > Find my mobile.
Required Downloads & Installations
In order to install Android Nougat OTA.zip on your Galaxy Note 5 N920A, you phone must be running N920AUCS4CQB2 firmware. In case your phone is not running this firmware yet, you will flash this Marshmallow firmware first and then flash the Nougat OTA over this firmware to update. The instructions given below will first explain how you can flash the CQB2 firmware and then install Nougat. Users have this firmware already installed can skip the Odin part and jump over to the Nougat procedure.
Download N920AUCS4CQB2_Recovery.zip file. Extract the downloaded .zip file to get the following files.
- AP_N920AUCS4CQB2_CL8961126_QB12615386_REV00_user_low _ship.tar.md5
- BL_N920AUCS4CQB2_CL8961126_QB12615386_REV00_user_low _ship.tar.md5
- CP_N920AUCS4CQB2_CL8961126_QB12615386_REV00_user_low _ship.tar.md5
- CSC_ATT_N920AATT4CQB2_CL8961126_QB12615386_REV00_user _low_ship.tar.md5
Flashing Marshmallow for Nougat Update
- Make sure that you read the instructions listed above carefully and you’re all set to go ahead now.
- Wipe your device complete in order to attain a neat installation. You may boot into the recovery mode and perform a factory data reset.
- Open Odin3.exe.
- Put your At&t Note 5 in download mode. To do so, turn it off and wait for 10 seconds. Turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously, You should see a warning, press Volume Up to continue. In case this method doesn’t work for you, try one from this guide.
- Connect your device to your PC.
- As soon as Odin detects your phone, the ID:COM box should turn blue.
- Now in Odin, selects the files one by one as shown in the picture.
- Select BL tab and select the BL file in it.
- Select AP tab and select the PDA or AP file in it.
- Select CP tab and select the CP file in it.
- Select CSC tab and select CSC file in it.
- Make sure that the options selected in your Odin are exactly as shown in the pic.
- Hit start and wait till the firmware flashing is complete, The flashing process box will turn green upon successful flashing.
- Once the flashing process has been completed successfully, disconnect your device and reboot it manually.
- Now follow the steps given below to finally flash the latest Nougat update.
Update AT&t Galaxy Note 5 to Android Nougat
- Download Nougat Update Here S4CQB2-to-U4EQC6
- Rename the downloaded file to only update.zip.
- Access your phone’s external SD card either on your phone or on your computer.
- Create a new folder named as “fota” in the root (main) directory of the external SD card.
- Copy the update.zip file that you got above in this “fota” folder.
- Turn off your phone now.
- Boot it into download mode. To do so, press the Volume Down + Power + Home Key. Upon getting a warning, press Volume Up to continue.
- In the download mode, make sure that the bootloader status is “Official” and not custom.
- Now boot into recovery mode. To do so, turn off your phone again. Now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Power + Home button. As the phone turns on, leave the keys.
- As your phone brings the recovery up, navigate using Volume Up/Down keys and press power key to select “apply update.zip from sd card”.
- Now in the apply update.zip from sd card menu, select the update.zip file that you copied to fota folder and press the power key once again.
- Press power key on the “Yes” option and it will quickly flash the Nougat OTA on your N920A Note 5.
- That’s all.
You can also sideload this file by using our ADB Sideload guide.
I hope that this guide worked perfectly well for all of you. Got any queries? Make sure that you drop em’ in the comment box below. Good Luck!
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How to install Magisk Systemless Interface on Android - April 22, 2017
- Fix Galaxy S8 Not registered on network - April 22, 2017
- How to fix LG G4 that keeps restarting itself - April 22, 2017