All thanks to XDA Member scrosler, HTC One XL is receiving the Custom Update of Android 4.2.2 via CleanROM 7.0R2. CleanROM 7.0R2 us based on Android 4.2.2 created for those who wants a Stock ROM look and feel with Stability, Speed and Performance and Except Stability. CleanROM is based on Latest T Mobile 5.08.111.2 OTA, which is Android 4.2.2, infused with AT&T Settings. This ROM doesn’t support any themes, has no themes and purely Stock look. If anyone among you people wants to try a Custom ROM on your HTC One XL, this is the best ROM available yet and CleanROM is the Longest Running ROM Series for HTC One X. Stock and Official ROMs are good, but they are created with keeping in mind the demands of all,some wants performance and some wants speed, some wants looks, some wants features. Putting them all in one ROM can cause Lag, Performance issues and bugs. But Custom ROM in basically designed for either Looks or Performance and Custom ROM gives speed and great performance with Tweaks and System Tools.
The methods involve in installing Custom ROMs on HTC Device are a bit different, so don’t try to install a Custom ROM on HTC Device like you did on Samsung, Sony or Nexus. For All HTC Devices you need to Flash the Boot.img separately, while others automatically install the Boot image.
In this Article, we will show you How To Update AT&T HTC One X/HTC One XL To Android 4.2.2 CleanROM 7.0R2 Custom ROM.But before we begin, Make sure:
- That you have a Well Charged battery.
- Back-up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
- Make Sure that your device is Rooted and TWRP Recovery is installed on your device. (CWM Recovery is not Supported)
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is HTC in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
- Your Device must be Rooted and Latest TWRP Recovery must be installed on it.
- Make Sure that USB Cable is not Connected With PC While The Installation in Process.
- Enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure that battery level is at 85% or more.
- This Tutorial is Only For AT&T HTC One X/HTC One XL.
If you want to know what you are buying, here is the list of Features Mentioned by the Developer:
- Android 4.2.2
- Sense 5
- Very Light Build
- AOSP Recent’s
- Option For Minor Tiles
- All Apps up to date
- ADB as root!
- System partition writable!
All Read and Ready to Install Android 4.2.2 CleanROM 7.0R2 Custom ROM on HTC One XL. Let’s head towards the Next page to find out how.
Pages: Page 1 > Page 2
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016