Custom ROMs are good and there is no doubt about that, however, not all of the people want to run Custom ROMs on their devices. Many of them prefer to use Official ROM, despite of all the lag and stuff, they feel secure running an Official ROM instead of running a Custom ROM. AT&T Galaxy S4 has received many Custom ROMs based on Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat, but none of them succeeded as much as it should have been, just because of the wait for the Official Kit-Kat ROM. Well, for all those users who were waiting for the Official Kit-Kat update, we have got a good news, the update has start rolling and the flashable files are available. Now, all that is left is to download and install the ROM, and we will show you exactly how it is done.
If you are familiar with Odin and it’s working, then this tutorial might not be difficult for you. Otherwise read the whole tutorial first before trying it on your device. In this Article, we will show you How To Update AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 To Official Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat Firmware But before we begin, Make sure that:
- That you have a Well Charged Battery, 60%-80% is better.
- Back-Up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
- Back-Up your Mobiles EFS Data. How To Restore and Back-Up EFS Data On Samsung Galaxy Devices.
- Check your device model, Go To Setting > About and Make sure that it is SGH-I337 .
- Do-not try this tutorial on any other device.
The methods involved in flashing custom ROMs and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is SAMSUNG in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
How To Install It.
- Download Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat for Galaxy S4 to your computer and extract the zip file.
- Download Odin.
- Turn off your Phone and Turn it On While Pressing, Power + Volume Down + Home button until you see some text on-screen, Press Volume Up to continue.
- Make Sure that the USB drivers are installed.
- Open Odin in Computer and connect your device to PC, while it is in the Download mode.
- If your Phone is successfully connected to PC, the Odin port will turn Yellow with COM port number.
- Now Click on PDA and select the File who has the biggest size.
- In Odin, Check Auto reboot and F.Reset Options.
- Now Click the Start button and wait for the process to complete.
- After the installation is complete you device will restart and once you see the Home Screen, unplug the cable.
That’s it your Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 has been updated to Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat Firmware. Go to Settings > About To verify.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016