As I have mentioned it a Countless times, if a carrier bound variant of a Flagship device receives the same update as the International version, the happiness level reaches the top for users. C-ROM is available for most of the flagship devices and all of the other carrier bounded devices too. AT&T participated in releasing their own Samsung Galaxy S4 and C-ROM available on Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat is available for AT&T Galaxy S4 too, despite that there are many other ROMs available on the Web and if you visit XDA developer, you have the plethora of ROMs available for Galaxy S4 and its variants.
C-ROM features PIE controls, Halo, Floating Window, Dark Theme, Active Display, Gesture anywhere, on-the-go mode, lock screen notifications, animation controls and much more, on the other hand Android 4.4 Kit-Kat offers many good features, you get to enjoy video recording, Google Waller is there for you just Tap and Pay, 14% less memory usage, NFC emulation, Cloud printing and the best Google Home Launcher. If you are interested in Other ROMs, you can Visit our Custom ROMs section or you can install this ROM on your Galaxy S4 by following our tutorial below. This is not an official release from Samsung, but a Custom ROM, you need to install a Custom Recovery on your device to install this and also your device must be rooted.
But why would anyone go for a Custom ROM instead of staying on the Stock On, allow me to explain. “Stock and Official ROMs are good, but they are created with keeping in mind the demands of all, some want performance and some want speed, some want looks, some want features. Putting them altogether in one ROM can cause a Lag, Performance issues and bugs. But Custom ROM is basically designed for either Looks or Performance and Custom ROM gives speed and great performance with Tweaks and System Tools.”
In this Article, we will show you How To Android 4.4.2 C-ROM On AT&T Galaxy S4 .But before we begin, Make sure:
- That you have a Well Charged Battery, 60%-80% is better.
- Back-Up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
- Back-Up your Mobiles EFS Data. How To Restore and Back-Up EFS Data On Samsung Galaxy Devices
- Check your device model, Go To Setting > About and Make sure that it is SGH-I337.
- Do-not try it on any Galaxy S4 carrier bound variant.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode
- Download USB Driver For Samsung Devices: Link
The methods involved in flashing custom ROMs and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is SAMSUNG in our case. In a case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Here you will find the Step-by-Step Guide On How To Install C-ROM V5.8 on AT&T Galaxy S4. But let me remind you again, Samsung Kies will now Detect your Phone. If you ever want to Go Back to the Official ROM and ClockworkMod Recovery(Older Version) is not recommended when it comes to installing this ROM, Only latest versions of TWRP and CWM Touch Recovery for the Device is supported without bugs. So, if you are using an Old CWM Recovery or TWRP on your device Upgrade it to the Latest version, if you want to go with older version, you are on your own. We are warning you that if you used and Older Recovery and Brick your device, We will not be responsible for anything.
How To Install It.
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn Off your Device
- Open Recovery mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons until you see some text on screen.
CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery Users.
- First Choose ‘Wipe Cache’.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’ so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Then Finally Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the C-ROM 5.8.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Once the Installation is Over, Go back and Flash Google Apps
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the C-ROM 5.8.zip and Google Apps , Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
Solve Signature Verification Error:
- Open Recovery.
- Navigate to install zip from Sdcard
- Navigate to Toggle Signature Verification and Press Power Button and See if it is disabled or not. Disable it and then Install the Zip without any Error.
That’s it, after a Successful reboot, your Galaxy Note S4 SGH-I337 will be running Android 4.4.2 C-ROM v5.8 Kit-Kat. Wait for At-least 5-minutes for the First run, then go to Settings > About to Verify.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Download Clash Of Clans .Apk For Free - March 31, 2017
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016