Google and some other Indian smartphone manufacturing companies took an initiative with mutual cooperation. Together, they released three Android smartphones, which are affordable and pack beastly specifications. Thesse smarpthones are manufactured for the masses who cannot afford expensive smartphones and therefore do not get access to latest versions of OS like Android Lollipop. However, they did not acquire the official Android 5.0 Update for Google as promised before, until a few days ago. Android 5.1 Lollipop is already out for the Android One devices as an OTA Update. It still didn’t show up on many users in some specific countries or places. You can always wait for the official firmware to come, but you’ll be really impatient once you know that CyanogenMod 12.1 is out for the Android One devices. It is based on stock Android 5.1 Lollipop AOSP. If you happen to be one of the many Android One users, and really want to upgrade to the latest and greatest CyanogenMod 12.1, then follow this guide!
- Your Android One device should be rooted , with an unlocked bootloader, and with a Custom Recovery installed in order to do this task.
- You need the CyanogenMod 12.1 ROM ZIP file downloaded. Click Here To download.
- In order to get the proper GApps on your freshly installed CyanogenMod 12.1 device, you need the latest GApps package. Click here to download.
- You need to backup everything that’s installed on your device.
How To Install CyanogenMod 12.1 On Android One Devices
Once you have everything you need set up, you may continue with the process of flashing the ROM now.
- Transfer the above files that you have downloaded onto your device.
- Now, switch off you device, and hop into the recovery mode.
- Now, go ahead and reset all data and also clear the cache .
- Now, select install and install the ROM file .
- Once it is done, install the GApps package too.
- Good! The next time you launch your device, you’ll be fascinated to know that you are running the latest verion of CyanogenMod 12.1.
If you have any queries regarding the article, then refer to us in the comments section below!
Current Devices : OnePlus One, Samsung Galaxy S2, Micromax Canvas HD, Samsung Galaxy Ace
Latest posts by Adnan Ahmed (see all)
- How To Install Android 7.0 Nougat On Google Nexus Devices - August 23, 2016
- 6 best things about Android 7.0 Nougat - August 23, 2016
- Here’s the best Tech you can get under 1 Dollar - July 3, 2016