Sony’s Xperia Z was launched at CES 2013, giving a start to Sony’s high end flagship series. The phone sported a beautiful 5 inch full HD display, 13.1 MP camera at the back that was the best smartphone camera at the time of its release, while a 2.2 MP camera at the front was fixed. Under the hood it has a 1.5 GHz Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 600 Quad Core CPU along with Adreno 320 GPU and 2 GB RAM while a 2330 mAh battery was placed inside as well. Xperia Z was world’s first waterproof and dust proof phone as well.
Out of the box Xperia Z ran on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, Sony recently took the phone to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and the plans for further upgrades on the Xperia Z to Android 4.3 and Android 4.4 KitKat were revealed as well. The good news is Sony has already released the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for Xperia Z, Z1, ZR, ZL and Tablet Z. The update is on a slow roll out to different regions at the moment.
As Over-The-Air updates take quite some time to hit all the regions, some you couldn’t wait enough to taste the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on your devices, to overcome the need of latest firmware on your Xperia Z C6603, we’ve made a detail guide below that will drive you to the 10.4.B.0.569 firmware on your device. The new firmware comes with a lot of bug fixes, performance enhancements, new themes, camera app is improved and has new camera affects, and there is a lot more that you may test upon upgrading. Let’s move forward to the upgrade method.
Here are some pre-requisites:
- This guide is only for Sony Xperia Z C6603, even though this firmware works fine on C6602, perhaps it would not be wiser to flash it on C6602 to prevent any mishap. Please check your device model first in Settings > About Device > Model.
- You must have installed Sony Flashtool – Get the full guide here. Also Install drivers using Flashtool > Drivers > Flashtool-drivers > Flashtool, Xperia Z, Fastboot, select all these and install.
- Your phone’s battery must be charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the process.
- Make sure that you backup your media content,contacts, call logs and text messages. This is important and recommended so that in case you decide to wipe your phone during the flashing process, you can get all of your data back using the backup.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device. To do so, tap settings>developer options>USB debugging. If you can’t find developer options in settings, then tap settings > about device and tap “Build Number” for 7 times and you’ll get em’ activated under settings.
- To flash this firmware, you do not need to root your device, you do not need to unlock the bootloader. All you need is, your device must be the one mentioned and must be running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean or Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
- Download the firmware file properly.
- Use the OEM data cable to connect your phone to your PC. Using any other data cable might cause connection problems.
- Alright! Follow this guide to the letter in order to prevent any mishap.
How to Install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 10.4.B.0.569 on Xperia Z C6603:
- Before moving forward, please make sure that you’ve read the pre requisites and ensure that you are set to go ahead.
- Download the latest firmware Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 10.4.B.0.569 FTF file. | Torrent
- Copy the file and paste in Flashtool>Firmwares folder.
- Open Flashtool.exe now.
- Hit the small lightening button on the top left corner and select Flashmode.
- Select the FTF firmware file that you placed in the Firmware folder.
- From the right side, select what do you want to wipe. Data, cache and apps log, all wipes are recommended, perhaps you may select if you don’t want.
- Click on OK, and it will start preparing the firmware for flashing. This may take a little while to load.
- As soon as the firmware is loaded, it will prompt you to attach the phone by turning it off and keeping the back key press.
- For Xperia Z, Volume Down key will do the job of back key, just turn off your phone, keep the Volume Down key pressedand plug in the data cable.
- As soon as the phone is detected in Flashmode, the firmware will start flashing, Do not leave the Volume Down key until the process is complete.
- As soon as you see “Flashing ended or Finished Flashing” leave the Volume Down key, plug the cable out and reboot.
- That’s All! Congrats! You’ve installed latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on your Xperia Z C6603. Enjoy
That’s All! In case you got any queries/suggestions or face any difficulties regarding this post, please feel free to stop by the comment box below and drop us your message. We will respond as quick as we can.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Google GApps for Android 5.1.x Lollipop [All ROMs] - March 24, 2017
- How to fix Super Mario Run Error 804-5100 - March 24, 2017
- Fix Galaxy S7/S7 Edge issues after Nougat update - March 24, 2017