A couple of Days ago, I visited my Friend and Guess what, his BlackBerry Bold 5 Lock/Unlock button was out of shape and stopped functioning at all, we found a temporary solution by putting the Password, so we can wake it using any button and then put the password to unlock it, that was quite time taking and teasing too. I always hate to put Password on my Mobile too, but then again not all of us lives in a secure surrounding, a little mistake can expose all your data to others and especially when we have those relatives who only knows how to start a misunderstanding between family members.
In such cases, if you are not happy with the Password, because you have to put it again and again to unlock the device, yet you want your device to be safe from others, Genie can help you in this matter, Genie is a Jailbreak Tweak that allows you to unlock your device by completing the gesture you set for Unlocking, the settings in the app is simple and Straightforward and there is a Kill switch to disable the app whenever you like, without further ado, let’s see how we can install it.
Jailbreak your iOS Device.
Since the following tutorial needs an iOS device which is Jailbroken, you need to Jailbreak your device. If your device is still in its normal condition. Follow our Jailbreak Section to find out how to Jailbreak your device.
- Open Cydia.
- Search for Genie.
- Tap Genie once the search is over.
- Tap Purchase, Pay and wait for the Install button to appear.
- Tap Install on the top right corner.
- Tap Confirm.
- Restart your Device.
- First Off all, you need to Enable this, Go To Settings and scroll down till you See Genie.
- After enabling it, choose which Gesture you want to unlock the device.
- Then Disbale Normal Unlock let the Gesture to Unlock the device.
- ByPass Password is optional, enabling it will get rid of Password screen and once you put in the Gesture, you’ll be arrive at the App Drawer directly, instead of going to Password screen
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016