Samsung has a really cool list of devices released under the Chinese region. To cope up with the powerful challenge between smartphone giants in China, Samsung also manufactures smartphones in a good budget having high end specifications. If you just have a look at devices like Galaxy C5, Galaxy C9, Galaxy A9 and others, you will find out that these devices carry the specifications almost similar to the specifications of Samsung’s flagship devices all around the world. Now these devices in China come with certain limitations.
The limits include no sign of anything Google on the phone. Galaxy smartphones in China do not have any applications like the Google Play Store, Google Play Music, Youtube etc. Another restriction on these devices is the locked bootloader. That sounds weird right? A Samsung Galaxy with a locked bootloader? Well, that’s actually right. The phones in China are as same as the phones released by different carriers. The bootloader is kept locked to keep the users away from modifying or tweaking their smartphone.
The bootloader is definitely locked, but unlocking it is not as hard as unlocking the bootloader of a carrier branded Galaxy smartphone. To make it more than easy for the Galaxy smartphone owners in China, Samsung has its own CROM Service application. CROM Service takes only a few taps to kill the bootloader lock on the device. Once you have unlocked the bootloader, you are free to flash a custom recovery on the phone or root it. Doing this on your device will ultimately lead you towards the installation of applications and features which are not apparently meant for the Chinese region.
Using CROM Service is fairly simply, but to help Chinese Samsung phone owners a little guide Unlock Bootloader of Chinese Samsung Galaxy using CROM is given below. By using CROM by Samsung Electronics, you can unlock the bootloader of phones like Samsung Galaxy A8, Galaxy A9, A9 Pro, Galaxy C5, Galaxy C7, Galaxy C9, Galaxy C9 Pro and all other similar Samsung phones lying in the Chinese region. Follow it now and get it done.
Unlock Bootloader of Chinese Samsung Galaxy using CROM
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid power issues during the process.
- Backup everything on your phone as the process will wipe your phone.
- Disable reactivation lock and find my mobile as well using settings > security.
- Enable OEM Unlocking on your Chinese Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
- Now download CROM Service by Samsung APK file and copy it to your phone. On your phone, go to settings > security > allow unknown sources. After doing this, open the file manager and locate CROM APK. Install CROM now.
- Open CROM from the App Drawer on your phone.
- As soon as you open CROM, it will ask you if you want to unlock bootloader. Tap yes/ok to begin the process. It will immediately unlock the bootloader and you are good to go with.
Need help? reach me out through the comments section below.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Latest Odin 3.12.4/Odin 3.12.5 for Samsung - April 27, 2017
- How to Install TWRP Recovery using Fastboot on Android - April 27, 2017
- How to Sync Contacts with Gmail Account on Android - April 27, 2017