You can now easily turn your Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005, N900D/S/K/L into Galaxy Note 5 by flashing DarkLord Note 5 ROM. DarkLord Note 5 is based on Galaxy Note 5 N920C’s N920CXXU1AOH2 stock TouchWiz firmware. The ROM contains almost all features of Note 5 and also contains some features of Galaxy S6 Edge+. We are going to show you the step-by-step instructions to install DarkLord Note 5 ROM on your Galaxy Note 3 and convert it into Galaxy Note 5. Before we head towards the installation method, let’s have a look on some mainstream features of the Galaxy Note 5 that make this ROM worth installing on your Note 3.
Galaxy Note 5 was released back in August, 2015. Samsung loaded Galaxy Note 5 with tons of new features. Mainstream features of the Galaxy Note 5 OS included a new enhanced TouchWiz UI, a new Theme engine to apply different themes on the TouchWiz UI, new Aircommand and some other S-Pen features. One of the unique features on the Galaxy Note 5 was the off-screen memo, which brings up the memo by simply pulling the S-Pen out even when your phone’s screen is off or its locked. Apart from the software enhancements, Galaxy Note 5 also carried some massive hardware enhancements, but we definitely cannot change the hardware of Galaxy Note 3 to that of the Note 5, so we will only grab the stuff that we can from the Note 5’s OS. Galaxy Note 3’s hardware isn’t too old to be called low-end yet, but we won’t be seeing the Galaxy Note 5 goodies making their way to the Note 3 through an official software update.
If you can’t afford to get your hands on a Galaxy Note 5 and you still want to experience some cool features of the Galaxy Note 5 while staying on your Galaxy Note 3, you may not need to worry about updating your device and you can simply make some features of Note 5 land in your Note 3 by means of the custom ROM we just mentioned above. Galaxy Note 5 features are not the only thing that you will get after flashing this ROM, but it has many other plus points. Since it is based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, it provides a better battery life and smooth performance as compared to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. You will also get some Galaxy S6 Edge plus goodies on your Note 3 using the DarkLord ROM.
Let’s go through the features of DarkLord Note 5 ROM for Note 3
– Base on Note 5 N920CXXU1AOH2
– Rooted / Deodexed / Zipaligned / Busybox / Deknoxed
– Multiple Languages
– First world Touchwiz 5.1.1 for Galaxy Note 3
– Android 5.1.1
– Note 5 features
– Note 5 pure stock
– Note 5 Air Command
– Note 5 Action memo
– Note 5 Smart select
– Note 5 Screen write
– Note 5 Screen off write
– S6E+ People Edge
– Touchwiz Change home mode
– Bring back Note 3 USB 3.0
– Bring to Note 3 USB Charging only mode
- This ROM is only for Galaxy Note 3 N9005, N900D/S/K/L. Do not try this on any other device.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid power loss during flashing process.
- Install TWRP recovery on your Galaxy Note 3.
- Backup EFS on your Galaxy Note 3.
- Make a Nandroid backup of your existing system.
- Backup important messages, contacts and call logs..
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, ROMs and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SAMSUNG in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. If your device has the Knox counter on the bootloader, it will be tripped and you won’t be able to reset it ever. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
How To Turn Galaxy Note 3 Into Note 5 With DarkLord Note 5 ROM
Before you flash this ROM, you need to make sure that you’ve read and applied all the guidelines explained above.
- Also, make sure that you’re currently running your Galaxy Note 3 on Android Lollipop. Upgrading from an older version of Android will cause issues.
- Now boot into TWRP recovery, to do so, turn off your device and then turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up+ Home Button + Power Key. Select Wipe >Advanced Wipe > Wipe System, Cache and Dalvik Cache. You can also perform a factory data reset.
- Download the DarkLord Note 5 ROM for Note 3 [DarkLordN5.RC2.1.SamsungViet.vn.zip] and place it on your phone’s sd card.
- Boot into TWRP Recovery again, select install > DarkLordN5.RC2.1.SamsungViet.vn.zip
file and flash it.
- As soon as ROM flashing begins, it will open up AROMA installer. AROMA is a self explanatory installer. Select your desired options and complete the ROM installation.
- The ROM will take a while to get flashed. As soon as the installation is done, factory reset the phone using the wipe option in TWRP recovery.
- Reboot now and setup your new ROM in order to enjoy the features of Galaxy Note 5.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Google GApps for Android 5.1.x Lollipop [All ROMs] - March 24, 2017
- How to fix Super Mario Run Error 804-5100 - March 24, 2017
- Fix Galaxy S7/S7 Edge issues after Nougat update - March 24, 2017