The idea of making your mobile phone a universal remote control isn’t something new. In old days, the infrared placed in Nokia’s Symbian phones was intelligently utilized by the developers in order to control the TVs and other such devices, and then the era of smartphones completely changed the way things work, in which Android played an important role. Samsung took this feature seriously and introduced an IR blaster and a particular application named as “Watchon“ in their Android smartphones, and Watchon is being added to all the new mainstream devices of Samsung now.
While this paves a way for jealousy among the smartphone owners who cannot taste an application like Samsung Watchon or who just don’t know how to turn their Android device into a Universal TV Remove since there’s an IR Blaster in their device as well, WaveSpark, the developer behind IR Universal Remote has come up with IR 2.0.
IR 2.0, as mentioned above, requires a device with IR Blaster. You can turn your Android smartphone into a Universal TV Remote using this application and control the supported TVs, TV Boxes, DVD Players, Air Conditioners etc. IR 2.0 is a highly customizable application and also happens to be one of the most Universal application in its category that’s capable of working with thousands of devices and the application is available for free in the Play Store, but offers some in-app purchases.
Before you start wondering how you can use this application and transform your Android smartphone into a remote control, we’ve done this for you and compiled up the comprehensive method below. Let’s go through the app’s description and then learn how to use it.
IR 2.0™ – Universal TV Remote turns your phone into a real universal remote. Use your phone’s built in IR Blaster to control infrared devices such as your TV and Cable Box (and much more). A phone or tablet with a built in IR Blaster is required. This application has thousands of supported manufacturer models with hundreds of thousands of different IR remote codes and is continuously growing in supported devices. This is one of the most universal applications in Google Play. Whether your kids have lost the TV remote or you just want to turn up the game at the bar you can always use your phone.
How To Turn Your Android Smartphone Into A Universal TV Remote With IR 2.0
- Download & install IR 2.0 on your Android device. Google Play Link | IR 2.0 APK.
- You will get a pre-defined remote, you can simply use this one. Just in case the default doesn’t work for you, follow the steps below.
- Swipe your finger on the screen from left to right in order to pull the menu.
- Tap “databases” and select your device manufacturer from the list.
- Select your device type.
- Test the different codes and save the one that works for you.
- Save your remote!
- In order to unleash the true power of this application you may go with the in-app purchases.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Google GApps for Android 5.1.x Lollipop [All ROMs] - March 24, 2017
- How to fix Super Mario Run Error 804-5100 - March 24, 2017
- Fix Galaxy S7/S7 Edge issues after Nougat update - March 24, 2017