Few months ago when Samsung rolled out Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for the Galaxy Note 2, and the next flagship phablet, the Galaxy Note 3 was also there, a group of Android developers named as Electron Team dominated the development by bringing up a custom ROM based on stock Android 4.3 Jelly Bean having most of the features from Samsung’s new phablet, the Galaxy Note 3. The ROM, named as Ditto Note 3 became viral and installed by a number of users, and was also appreciated to the extent it deserved. Team Electron has been improving it’s DN3 ROM day by day since then, and recently they’ve brought up the ROM with some more interesting features.
Ditto Note 3 ROM is now capable of transforming your Galaxy Note 2 into Samsung Galaxy S5, having the touch and feel of Samsung Galaxy Note 3. The developers have ported some applications from Galaxy S5 into the stock Android 4.4.2 KitKat of the Galaxy Note 2, while the features of Galaxy Note 3 remain there. Galaxy S5’s UI is completely different, and is definitely liked by the users all across the world as Samsung has finally changed it’s old style. The current version of Ditto Note 3 ROM is V5+ based. With every upgrade, this ROM is getting better, stable, the performance is getting smoother and is being liked by more and more people. Unlike other custom ROMs, this ROM maybe kept for everyday’s use without any hiccups here and there.
So, in the following post, we are going to install DN3 V5+ ROM on the Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 and transform this device into Samsung Galaxy S5 and Galaxy Note 3. All you need is, follow this guide being very careful. Let’s go through the features of this ROM and then head towards the installation instructions.
- This ROM is only for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100. Do not try this on any other device, please check your device’s model in Settings > About Device > Model.
- Your device must be running on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean or higher. Do not use any older firmware to flash this ROM.
- Your device must have a custom recovery installed, in case you’re missing it you may Follow our full guide here to install TWRP.
- Your device’s battery should be charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the flashing process.
- Make sure that you backup your important media content, Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. This is highly recommended just in case something goes wrong and you need to reset your phone.
- If you already have rooted your device, use Titanium Backup to back up all your important apps + system data. Also if you are using a custom recovery, it is recommended that you backup your current system using that first. [Just for the sake of safety]. Here’s our full Nandroid Backup guide.
- You will have to go through Data Wipes during installation of this ROM, so make sure that you have backed up all the mentioned data.
- Make an EFS backup of your phone before you flash this ROM.
- You need enough confidence to flash this ROM.
- Alright! Go ahead and flash the custom firmware, follow this guide to the letter.
How to Install DN3 V5+ ROM On Galaxy Note 2 And Transform It Into Galaxy S5 and Galaxy Note 2:
In case you don’t have a new bootloader and you don’t have the knox counter on your device’s bootloader and you wish to avoid it in this installation as well, do this, otherwise skip this part if you’re already on a newer bootloader.
- Download Odin 3 v3.09
- Download MJ5 Bootloader.
- Boot your device into the Download Mode now. To do so, turn off your device completely, now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power Key + Home Key, as soon as you see the warning, Volume Up to continue.
- Connect your phone to your PC now.
- Now select the click on the “CP” tab now and select the modem you downloaded.
- Hit start and site back.
- This will flash the MJ5 Bootloader in your phone.
- Disconnect your device once done.
Installing the ROM:
- Make sure that TWRP recovery is flashed on your device.
- Download latest DN3 V5+ ROM .zip file.
- Connect your phone to your PC now.
- Copy the .zip files to the storage of your phone.
- Now disconnect your phone and turn it off complete.
- Boot into TWRP recovery now, in order to do so, turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key. You should see the recovery mode in a while.
- Now in TWRP recovery, wipe cache, factory data reset and advanced options > dalvik cache. [Important]
- After wiping all these three, select “Install” option.
- Now select “Install > Choose Zip from SD card > Select DN3 V5+ .zip file > Yes”.
- This will flash the ROM in your phone.
- Reboot your device.
- You should see the DN3 V5+ Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM running on your device in a while.
- That’s all!
Here are some screenshots:
First boot may take up to 10 minutes, you may not worry if it’s taking that much long. In case it’s taking too long, you may boot into TWRP recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache and reboot your device as it may fix the issue. In case your device is having issues, you may return to your old system using the Nandroid backup or follow our guide here to install stock firmware.
If the ROM is great enough to impress you, do not forget to donate to the original developers.
In case you got any issues or you face any difficulties regarding this post, please feel free to stop by the comment box below and let us know. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you all.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Nicki Minaj The Empire for Windows PC and Mac - December 8, 2016
- Download Nicki Minaj The Empire APK - December 8, 2016
- Download Trusted Contacts APK - December 7, 2016