Sony rolled out another Android 4.3 Jelly Bean based firmware update for it’s mid-range device Xperia SP. The new update is based on the build number 12.1.A.1.201. The new update’s purpose is only to fix some common bugs found in the previous Android 4.3 Jelly Bean updates. In the following post we are going to install this update manually on Sony Xperia SP C5302 and C5303. In case you haven’t received this update yet or you just want to re-install this stock firmware on your Xperia SP, you may proceed with the following comprehensive method.
Let’s have a look at the changelog of this update first:
- Fixed LED Bug
- Fixed RAM Bug
- Overheating Issue Fixed.
- Battery Usage Issue Fixed.
- Touch Screen Response Issue Fixed.
- Few others bugs have been fixed in this update as well, but Bravia Engine is not yet working.
Thanks to XDA member Rushaan for providing this changelog.
Here are the pre-installation instructions to install this update:
- This guide is only for Sony Xperia SP C5303 and C5302. Please check your device model first in Settings > About Device > Model.
- You must have installed Sony Flashtool – Get the full guide here. Also Install drivers using Flashtool > Drivers > Flashtool-drivers > Flashmode, Xperia SP, Fastboot, select all these and install.
- Your phone’s battery must be charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the process.
- Flashing this firmware will wipe all your apps, apps data, system data, contacts, call logs & messages. It will not wipe the internal storage (media) data. Proceed after you’ve backed up, in the next step the guides are linked in.
- Make sure that you backup your media content,contacts, call logs and text messages. This is important and recommended so that in case you decide to wipe your phone during the flashing process, you can get all of your data back using the backup.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device. To do so, tap settings>developer options>USB debugging. If you can’t find developer options in settings, then tap settings > about device and tap “Build Number” for 7 times and you’ll get em’ activated under settings.
- To flash this firmware, you do not need to root your device, you do not need to unlock the bootloader. All you need is, your device must be the one mentioned and must be running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean or 4.1.2Jelly Bean.
- Download the firmware file properly.
- Use the OEM data cable to connect your phone to your PC. Using any other data cable might cause connection problems.
- You need enough confidence to perform this custom method.
- Alright! Follow this guide to the letter in order to prevent any mishap.
How to Install Android 4.3 12.1.A.1.201 Official Firmware on Xperia SP:
- Download Stock Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 12.1.A.1.201 Firmware for Xperia SP: C5303 | C5302
- Copy the file and paste in Flashtool>Firmwares folder.
- Open Flashtool.exe now.
- Hit the small lightening button on the top left corner and select Flashmode.
- Select the FTF firmware file that you placed in the Firmware folder.
- From the right side, select what do you want to wipe. Data, cache and apps log, all wipes are recommended, perhaps you may select if you don’t want.
- Click on OK, and it will start preparing the firmware for flashing. This may take a little while to load.
- As soon as the firmware is loaded, it will prompt you to attach the phone by turning it off and keeping the back key press.
- For Xperia SP, Volume Down key will do the job of back key, just turn off your phone, keep the Volume Down key pressed and plug in the data cable.
- As soon as the phone is detected in Flashmode, the firmware will start flashing, Do not leave the Volume Down key until the process is complete.
- As soon as you see “Flashing ended or Finished Flashing” leave the Volume Down key, plug the cable out and reboot.
- That’s All! Congrats! You’ve installed latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 12.1.A.1.201 on your Xperia SP Enjoy.
That’s all. We hope that you find this guide helpful. In case you got any queries or face any difficulties, please feel free to stop by the comment box below. We will get back to you immediately. Thanks all.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Fix Galaxy Note 5 Issues After Android Nougat Update - March 19, 2017
- Fix OnePlus 3/3T stuck in bootloop/boot logo after OxygenOS 4.1.0 update - March 19, 2017
- Install TWRP Recovery and Root Galaxy Tab 3 Lite T113/T116 - March 19, 2017