HTC One M8 happened to be world’s most beautiful smartphone after HTC One M7. The phone, sure won HTC some respect as well. HTC One M8 is all metal, with a very fine and perfect look. On the front we have a 5.0 inches full HD display with 441 ppi. A dual 4 MP can be found at the back ,that adds to the beauty of this phone and a 5 MP front cam is fixed atop of the screen.The phone is powered up with Qulacomm Snapdragon 801 CPU clocked at 2.3 GHz. A RAM of 2 GB is fixed inside. Out of the box, HTC One M8 can be found running on Android 4.4.2 KitKat, the device will be getting and update to Android 5.0 Lollipop as well. HTC One M8, over-all, is a great device to go with.
The device is available through different carriers all across the world, and available in the unlocked form as well. Just in case you’re planning to get your hands on this device and it happens to be a carrier branded (e.g. Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T or some other), you may want to change the SIM card on your phone at a later stage, and that might get you stuck because of the carrier restrictions on the SIM connectivity. In this case, you would like to have your device SIM-unlocked, and there are several ways for doing so. Obviously, you would like to go with the easiest one, so we have listed all the available and working methods depending on the ease of access in the succeeding guide. Let’s go ahead and learn how you can SIM unlock your carrier branded HTC One M8.
Method 1: Request Your Carrier For Unlock Code To SIM Unlock HTC One M8
The easiest and the simplest method. If you comply with the requirements of your carrier and you’ve been into the contract for around 18 to 24 months, you can simply request for an unlock code by contacting your carrier’s helpline or service center. You can check the requirements and see if you meet the all of their requirements or not. Here’s how to do the whole procedure.
- First of all, you need to know your phone’s IMEI code. To do so, open the dialpad / phone on your HTC One M8 and type “*#6#”. Write down your IMEI number for the use now.
- Call your service provider now or reach out their service center, and request for a SIM unlock code for your HTC M8.
- Customer service respondent will ask you for your phone’s IMEI number. Once this procedure has been done, you will have to wait for 1 – 3 working days to receive your unlock code through E-mail.
- Now insert the other Nano SIM card you wanted to insert on your unlocked HTC One M8.
- Restart your device now, as soon as it prompts you for
- Just in case this method is not going to work for you, you may try following the methods listed below.
Method 2: Changing Super CID To SIM Unlock HTC One M8
A little bit tricky, but happens to be an easy method if you happen to be an Android power user and you have gained S-Off on your HTC One M8. CID basically determines the region of your phone and changing the CID code will prompt your phone to unlock the carrier restrictions changing the region status of your One M8. The instructions for changing CID are listed below. Let’s go through em’.
- First of all you need to gain S-Off on your HTC One M8. Here’s our guide on how to do so. It will void your warranty, so be careful.
- Now you need to change your device’s Super CID to “11111111â€³”. Here’s how to do so.
- Once done, insert a Nano-SIM in your One M8, and restart your device.
- Phewww! The SIM should be working fine now.
Method 3: Universal SIM Unlock Using SIEEMPI To SIM Unlock HTC One M8
This method is only recommended if you don’t want to tweak your device’s CID or the first method failed for you to work, as we are not completely sure about how SIEEMPI works and what are its concerns regarding users’s privacy. You will have to trust SIEEMPI with your email and phone’s IMEI number on your own. We haven’t come across any complains or issues from the people who used SIEEMPI, but still we recommend the users to go ahead with this method on their own.
- The method requires S-Off. Just follow the guide here to do so. It will void your warranty, so be careful.
- Head over to the SIEEMPI page and fill out the form with your email address, mailing address and device’s IMEI code.
- Once you’re done with the procedure at SIEEMPI, a config file will be emailed you for your HTC One M8.
- Download the config file and copy it to your M8’s SD card.
- Now boot your M8 into the bootloader, to do so, turn off your M8 completely first. Now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power Key. Once you’re in bootloader mode, highlight “SIMLock” using volume up and down keys and press the power key to apply the selection.
- Once done, the config file will be executed and SIM unlock your HTC One M8.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and do the procedure.
- Once done, reboot your HTC One M8. Insert the Nano-SIM from other carrier, reboot your device and you’re all good to go.
That’s all. There’s a number of paid services for unlocking the HTC One M8, but that’s not our concern as we have to unlock it for free. However, if you got some extra bucks, you may look out for those as well. Just in case you’re having any issues or stuck with any of these methods, reach us out through the comment box below. Thank you all.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How to install Dolby Atmos Sound Mod on Android Nougat - February 28, 2017
- Download Soul Knight for PC (Windows and Mac) - February 26, 2017
- Download LG G6 Stock Wallpapers - February 26, 2017