When iOS 7 introduced Dynamic Wallpapers to the world, something that I liked, after what haven’t seen in previous versions of iOS and thanks to the Jailbreak section for giving us more and better things. Today, we have encountered another tweak that allows users to change their wallpaper. Well if you are thinking about something normal or a little different like Dynamic Wallpaper, then you are wrong, this tweak has almost raised the hopes to set live wallpaper for iOS. However, instead of live wallpaper it is a GIF image.
GIFPaper is a Jailbreak tweak, that allows users to access such thing and as written in the description of GIFPaper:
Make your wallpaper come to life with GIFPaper! GIFPaper allows you to set animated GIF images as your devices wallpaper. Set them on your home screen, lock screen, or both. Set any GIF wallpaper by holding down on the GIF in Safari, and then selecting “Set Wallpaper” from the menu that appears. You can also set a GIF wallpaper by typing in its URL on the GIFPaper settings page. GIFPaper is perfect for anyone who wants an exciting, animated wallpaper!
- Open Cydia.
- Search for GIFPaper.
- Tap GIFPaper once the search is over.
- Puchase the App and wait for the install button to appear.
- Tap Install on the top right corner.
- Tap Confirm.
- Restart your device
How To Configure GIFPaper:
- Open Settings.
- Find GIFPaper.
- Open it and you’ll see a variety of GIF wallpapers to choose from, for Now.
- At first you will see a Wallpaper mode, which gives you three wallpaper modes, Home Screen, Lock Screen and Both.
- Below you’ll find a option allowing you to set the scaling mode of GIF image, meaning how the GIF appears when activated.
- In “Scale to Fit” Mode, the GIF stays normal and fit to the width of screen.
- In ‘Scale to Fil‘, the GIF will stretch and fit into the screen.
- You can even use a URL to set the Wallpaper.
One of the best part about this tweak, is that the ease of setting the GIF, you open Safari Browser, navigate to any GIF, Tap and hold on the Image and you’ll be presented with the Option to ‘Set as wallpaper‘, after selecting it, you will be promoted to choose the Wallpepr mode, select and the GIF will be your Wallpaper. Unlocking the Phone, if you set the Wallpaper mode as Both, causes no glitches at all and so far, no one complained about fast drain in battery life too.