Android 4.3 update talks are getting heat since Samsung’s Galaxy Note 3 event. Samsung promised the users that its flagship device Galaxy S4 will support the Galaxy Gear and the update having support for the smart watch will roll out in October, its just the time that October’s mid has arrived and Samsung has rolled out the Android 4.3 update for Galaxy S4 LTE (GT-I9505).
Samsung has been criticized vastly over rolling out the updates for its flagship devices a bit late, but we believe that this is only because Samsung is known for providing the most stable and bug free Android updates. Credit has to be given to Samsung for not forgetting its old flagship devices, as we saw Samsung Galaxy S2 that initially left the factory doors in 2011 having Android 2.3 Gingerbread in it and its updates ended with Android Jelly Bean in 2013.
Apparently the Android 4.3 update does not make any visual changes on the operating system, but there has been a number of improvements made in the performance area. The benchmark tests, which were hitting 25 – 26K in the Antutu benchmark test, have gone up to 29 – 30K after the Android 4.3 update on Galaxy S4 LTE as stated by Sammobile.
Changelog (As per posted by Sammobile)
OpenGL 3.0 Support
– GALAXY GEAR Support
– TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
– ANT+ Support
– Samsung KNOX Implementation (KNOX bootloader and dedicated application)
– Samsung Wallet comes pre-loaded
– Improved RAM management
– Improved Display colour reproduction (Display looks much sharper than before)
– Improved TouchWiz Launcher (Much less launcher redraws and less lag)
– New Samsung Keyboard
– New Samsung Browser (Full screen by default, new tab interface and more)
– New Reading Mode (Optimises display for reading, used by only a few specific applications)
– New Camera firmware
– Minor UI tweaks (Contacts app, Flashlight Widget, dialog boxes etc)
These updates usually roll out region wise, and it may take a bit longer to hit your region over the air updates or by Samsung Kies. The update has initially rolled out for Germany (DBT) and has started making its way to other regions. To update your device you may goto Settings > More > About Device > Software Update or simply connect it to your PC and check for an update through Samsung Kies. To manually update your device to Android 4.3, you may download the firmware and flash it using Odin.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Bubble Witch 3 Saga for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017
- Download Star Wars Force Arena for PC (Windows and Mac) - January 16, 2017
- Download Yu Gi Oh Duel Links for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017