Its time for the rumors to come to an end regarding the Android 4.3 update for Samsung’s flagship device Galaxy S III. Galaxy S III owners have been waiting to update their devices eagerly as the device was running on Android 4.1.2 for a long time, there were no signs of Android 4.2 update while other manufacturers took their devices to the greatest and latest updates. Samsung decided to surprise its users and skip the Android 4.2, and thanks to Samsung, Andriod 4.3 update is here.
Earlier we had a leak firmware for Galaxy S IV, but it did not take long for Samsung to roll out the final build officially. It was just yesterday that we received a leaked test firmware Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for Galaxy S III, and this time Samsung made a pretty fast move and rolled out the official update right after the leak.
There is a number of changes in the new update, the core UI has changed to that of the Galaxy S IV and Galaxy Note 3. A lot of bugs have been fixed, the update is more stable and there are performance enhancements. Despite these changes the device still uses its old widgets and launcher. As off now, Samsung hasn’t pushed Samsung Knox in this update, but we expect it to be a part of the upcoming Android 4.3 builds.
Here are the details of the first Android 4.3 firmware:
- Device: Galaxy S III International
- Mode: GT-I9300
- Version: I9300XXUGMJ9
- OS version: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
- Build Date: 26.10.2013
- Changelist: 1902166
Here are the changes as per Sammobile stated:
GALAXY GEAR Support
– TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
– ANT+ Support
– Core UI elements updated to the ones on the Galaxy S4 (Galaxy S4′s theme all over)
– New Samsung Keyboard
– GPU drivers have been updated (Higher GPU benchmark scores)
– New Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
– New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
– Driving mode
– Actionable notifications
– Move-to-SD-card feature
– New Camera mode : Sound and Shot
– New Additions in Notification Centre
– Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the Galaxy S4)
– Implementation of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
– New Samsung Apps: Calculator, Clock, Contacts, Gallery, Music
– Full screen Samsung apps
– New S-Voice (from Galaxy S4)
At the moment, the update is only available for Ireland. It may take a while for the update to hit your region as these are always region specific. If your device is carrier branded, it may take even longer as the updates have to be specially improved for specific carriers. To check / update your device via OTA updates, hit the Settings>About Device > Software, or simply connect your device to your PC and check for updates using Samsung Kies.
To update your Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300 to Android 4.3 manually, follow our guide HERE.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download and install Hydrogen OS 3.0 on OnePlus 3/3T - February 20, 2017
- How to install TWRP on HTC U Ultra and Root it - February 20, 2017
- Install Official Android Nougat on Galaxy S7 Active SM-G891A - February 19, 2017