Recently we posted the guides to update Xperia ZR C5503 and C5502 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. You may have updated your phone to the latest version of Android available for your device and may be looking out for a way to root your phone now. In case you’ve ended up finding no method to root your phone, you may stop worrying as we’ve found a method and explained right here for you.
In case you don’t know what is rooting and why should you root your Android smartphone, let’s have a look on a little intro to the Root and Custom recovery as well and then move forward to the root method for Sony Xperia ZR C5503 and C5502.
Rooting your phone gives you complete access over all the data which is apparently locked by the manufacturers. This includes removal of the factory restrictions and making changes to the internal system and the operating system. Gaining the root access gives you the privileges to install various applications to enhance the performance of your device, allows you to remove the built-in applications/programs, helps you to upgrade the battery life of your device & install the apps which require the root access for the proper functionality and modify your device in so many other ways e.g using mods and custom roms. By installing custom recovery, you can flash custom roms in the phone easily. Custom recovery also let’s you backup your current rom and restore it in case of any mishap. There is a laundry list of things you can do after having your device rooted and installed the custom recovery, now once you’re rooted and have installed custom recovery, go ahead and enjoy it on your phone. Here’s our collection of 10 Best Root Apps.
Let’s move forward to the root method. Here are some important pre-cautions and pre-requisites that you may keep in mind before you use this method.
- This method is for Sony Xperia Z C5503 / C5502. Do not try this on any device, please check your device first in Settings > About device.
- You must have unlocked your device’s bootloader. Follow the full guide here.
- You must have installed Android ADB & Fastboot drivers. Follow the quick guide here.
- Use only on OEM data cable to establish connection between your PC and Phone.
- Make sure that you back up all your important media content, contacts, call logs and important text messages. This is highly recommended so that in case something goes wrong, you still have your data saved.
- Make sure that your battery is at least charged over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the process.
- Your device must be running on latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 10.4.B.0.569 firmware. Check your firmware in Settings > About device.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your phone. Find it in Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode. IF you can’t see it in settings, then you will have to enable it first. To do so, open settings and tap build number for 7 times.
- Alright! Follow this guide to the letter now.
Make sure that you read all the instructions carefully and let’s move forward to the 2nd page for Rooting guide.
Pages: Page 1 > Page 2
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Bubble Witch 3 Saga for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017
- Download Star Wars Force Arena for PC (Windows and Mac) - January 16, 2017
- Download Yu Gi Oh Duel Links for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017