Great news for Verizon Galaxy S6 owners. The milestone for rooting Verizon Galaxy S6 G920V without tripping Knox counter has been achieved by XDA senior member idler1984. A few days back idler1984 came up with his little application named as PingPong Root Tool that rooted a long list of Galaxy S6 variants. As it was expected, developer successfully managed to root the carrier branded phones, specially Verizon and At&t Galaxy S6 without voiding the warranty. It took a very long time for developers to achieve root on At&t & Verizon Galaxy S5, while the development for Galaxy S6 happened way faster.
G920V Verizon Galaxy S6 owners who have been anxiously waiting for the root method to come up, they may go ahead now. Using PingPong Root Tool, you can root your device in just one tap and you are all set to unleash the vast world of Open-Nature Android platform. Let’s go ahead and learn how you can root your Verizon Galaxy S6 G920V without tripping the Knox counter and also without voiding its warranty.
Some Important Instructions
- This tool will work for Verizon Galaxy S6 G920V running the firmware build VRU1AOC3. Trying it on any other firmware may result in bricking your device.
- This tool is safe and secure. Using it to root your device will not harm it in any way, neither will it void the warranty of your device.
How To Root Verizon Galaxy S6 G920V Without Tripping Knox Using PingPong
- Download pingpongroot_beta5.1.apk | Mirror
- Copy the downloaded APK file to your phone.
- Now go to settings > system > security > all unknown sources.
- Open file manager and locate the downloaded APK file.
- Tap the APK file and follow on-screen instructions to complete installation.
- Once done, open the installed PINGPONG ROOT application from the app drawer.
- PINGPONG Root will now automatically install Super SU.
- Once SuperSU is installed, in order to activate it tap “Open”.
- SuperSu will display an error message and exit back to PINGPONG Root. This is normaly, so no need to worry about anything.
- Once you are in PINGPONG ROOT , tap the “Get Root” button now and see the magic!
- Reboot your device once done.
- You may uninstall PINGPONG application after rooting your device successfully.
- That’s it. Pretty easy, isn’t it?
- Also install BusyBox from Play Store.
- Verify root access using Root Checker.
- That’s all. You’re now set to unleash the open source nature of Android.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Google Camera 4.2.022.135443920 APK – Download - October 22, 2016
- Download Critical Ops for Windows PC and Mac - October 21, 2016
- Install Official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Galaxy Tab S 8.4 T700/T705 - October 19, 2016