Good news for Verizon Galaxy S6 Edge owners! You can now root your device without the fear of loosing warranty of your device and also without causing any damage to the Knox counter.
Few days back, XDA senior member idler1984 came up with his little tool named as PingPong Root Tool. The tool rooted a variety of Galaxy S6 variants without tripping Knox counter. The tool was expected for Galaxy S6 Edge and also for the variants that it missed initially. Missing variants included At&t & Verizon. Both these carriers lock the bootloaders of their devices and it becomes pretty tough for developers to achieve root access on any device from these two carriers specifically. With PingPong Root Tool, the problem seems to be resolved. PingPong Root Tool now supports Galaxy S6 Edge. The tool also supports Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge for Verizon & At&t. This is a great news for Android power users who have got these variants and have been anxiously waiting for root access to get the best out of their devices.
PingPong Root Tool roots the Verizon Galaxy S6 Edge G925V running Android 5.0.2 Lollipop VRU1AOC3 firmware without tripping Knox and without voiding the warranty of the device. Once you’ve rooted the device, you can use root specific applications to customize your device at your best. You can also load custom recoveries on your device using applications like FlashFire, Flashify etc. You can unleash the power of your Verizon Galaxy S6 Edge in just one tap. Wondering how? Well, that’s what we are going to do in the following guide. We will root the Verizon Galaxy S6 Edge G925V using PingPong Root Tool keeping the Knox counter safe and sound.
Some Important Instructions
- This tool will work for Verizon Galaxy S6 Edge G925V running the firmware build VRU1AOC3. Trying it on any other firmware may result in bricking your device.
- This tool is safe and secure. Using it to root your device will not harm it in any way, neither will it void the warranty of your device.
How To Root Verizon Galaxy S6 Edge G925V Without Tripping Knox Using PingPong
- Download pingpongroot_beta5.1.apk | Mirror
- Copy the downloaded APK file to your phone.
- Now go to settings > system > security > all unknown sources.
- Open file manager and locate the downloaded APK file.
- Tap the APK file and follow on-screen instructions to complete installation.
- Once done, open the installed PINGPONG ROOT application from the app drawer.
- PINGPONG Root will now automatically install Super SU.
- Once SuperSU is installed, in order to activate it tap “Open”.
- SuperSu will display an error message and exit back to PINGPONG Root. This is normaly, so no need to worry about anything.
- Once you are in PINGPONG ROOT , tap the “Get Root” button now and see the magic!
- Reboot your device once done.
- You may uninstall PINGPONG application after rooting your device successfully.
- That’s it. Pretty easy, isn’t it?
- Also install BusyBox from Play Store.
- Verify root access using Root Checker.
- That’s all. You’re now set to unleash the open source nature of Android.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Critical Ops for Windows PC and Mac - October 21, 2016
- Install Official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Galaxy Tab S 8.4 T700/T705 - October 19, 2016
- Download and install official Pixel Launcher on Android [APK] - October 19, 2016