While the carriers like US Cellular, Sprint, AT&T and Verizon have decided to lock down the bootloaders of their MOTO X devices, this has paved a way for the developers to use their tricks and tactics on the device and gain the root access. Do you own any MOTO X device and willing to play with your device beyond the boundaries? The good news for all of the MOTO X users has arrived right from the Xda developers forum where one of the developers has achieved the root access on the MOTO X devices through his small app and that too without having the bootloader unlocked. The apk works for all versions of the MOTO X.
Follow the simple and easy instructions below to gain the root access on your MOTO X device.
Before we begin, make sure that you have battery charged over 60 % and have backed up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to backup all your important data.
- Download the correct apk file from the Developer’s Post, according to your MOTO X’s version.
- Connect your MOTO X to your PC & copy the downloaded apk file to the root of your device’s internal storage. Make sure that you don’t paste the file under any folder.
- Head to Settings > Personal > Security > Device Administration and Check Unknown Sources On.
- Download and install any file explorer from the Google Play Store. e.g ES File Explorer or Astro File Manager.
- Open the file explorer now, and navigate to the apk file that you pasted on the root of your device’s internal storage.
- Tap the rooting apk file and install it, let the installation process finish.
- As soon as the installation is finished, wait for the device to reboot 2 – 3 times.
- As soon as the rebooting is done, open the Google Play Store and search for SuperSU and install it.
- That’s all you got to do in order to gain root access on your MOTO X device 😀 Congrats you’ve rooted your device.
Disclaimer: While rooting your phone, please keep it in mind that the Root Process isn’t official and has nothing to deal with Google Inc and the device manufacturer, which is Motorola in our case. Follow the guide carefully to prevent any damages to the device as the method is completely custom.
Got any questions? Feel free to leave a comment below, we’ll try our best to help you out Good Luck
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Latest Odin 3.12.4/Odin 3.12.5 for Samsung - April 27, 2017
- How to Install TWRP Recovery using Fastboot on Android - April 27, 2017
- How to Sync Contacts with Gmail Account on Android - April 27, 2017