Previously, we posted an article related with the Installation tutorial of TWRP on Sprint Galaxy Note 4 and now all there is left to do is to Root that device. However, there is no rooting solution available, if you try to explore the XDA Forums as everyone expect them to release the rooting method before anyone else, but if you look at the T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4, then you’ll realize that there is no thread related with the rooting details of it too. But still the rooting method is available and working. In many cases developers didn’t post the tutorial in the Official thread of devices, they like to separate themselves, thus they create a whole different thing and post it there, like Chainfire. The inventor of both Super SU and CF-Auto root, who is the main reason, why users are gaining full control of their Android devices, because of him we are now able to enjoy these customizations and Mods and Tweaks.
This process is a little more complicated than CF-Auto Root, although always a working one, I have tried it on most of the device and it always worked like a charm. Although there are times when you might fail while rooting your device through this method, even if you fail, your device will work like usual. This method doesn’t require any ADB Shell or coding, instead it is a quite easy and great one, Without further ado, let us continue.
1. This is only for Sprint Galaxy Note 4!
This custom ROM is only for the device mentioned above. Make sure that your model number matches the one listed above. To do so, go to Settings > About Device on your device and see your model number. Flashing this ROM on any other device will result in bricking it so make sure that you meet this requirement first of all.
2. Battery should be charged at least over 60%
Make sure that your battery is charged enough to complete the flashing process. In case your battery is low and your device goes dead during the flashing process, you may end up soft bricking your device as it won’t complete the flashing process.
3. Flash a Custom Recovery
A custom recovery, whether a TWRP or CWM is required to flash this ROM.
4. Backup everything!
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. You may backup everything as listed below.
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Backup EFS
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing.
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SAMSUNG in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Super SU: Link
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn Off your Device
- Open Recovery mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons until you see some text on screen.
- Tap On Back-Up and Select System and Data
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.94.zip and Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will be promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
- Now use any Root Checker app or Super SU app in App Drawer to Confirm
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016