Xperia V LT25i is recently updated to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware based on the build number 9.2.A.0.295. The new firmware comes up with a lot of bug fixes, performance enhancements, minor UI changes, new camera modes and battery performance enhancements. Then new firmware is completely different from the previous ones, so those of you who have updated their devices to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and are looking for a method to root their device on the newest firmware, you’re on the right spot at the moment as we’ve found a working root method for Xperia V running 9.2.A.0.295 firmware.
Many of you might be first timers for rooting any Android devices, so make it more clear and understanding really well, we will first go through a brief intro of the root access and also know why you should root your device.
Rooting your phone gives you complete access over all the data which is apparently locked by the manufacturers. This includes removal of the factory restrictions and making changes to the internal system and the operating system. Gaining the root access gives you the privileges to install various applications to enhance the performance of your device, allows you to remove the built-in applications/programs, helps you to upgrade the battery life of your device & install the apps which require the root access for the proper functionality and modify your device in so many other ways e.g using mods and custom roms. By installing custom recovery, you can flash custom roms in the phone easily. Custom recovery also let’s you backup your current rom and restore it in case of any mishap. There is a laundry list of things you can do after having your device rooted and installed the custom recovery, now once you’re rooted and have installed custom recovery, go ahead and enjoy it on your phone. Here’s our collection of 10 Best Root Apps.
Here are installation instructions:
- This guide is only for Sony Xperia V LT25i. Do not try this on any other model, please check your device’s mode in Settings > About Device.
- The Root instructions are only for Xperia V LT25i running latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 9.2.A.0.295 firmware.
- Your device’s bootloader must be unlocked. Follow the full guide here to unlock it.
- You must have installed Sony Flashtool – Get the full guide here. Also Install drivers using Flashtool > Drivers > Flashtool-drivers > Flashmode, Xperia V, Fastboot, select all these and install.
- Please make sure that your phone’s battery is charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the recovery flashing process.
- Backup each and everything on your Android phone as follows:
- Backup all your important contacts, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important sms messages, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important call logs, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important media content manually. (Copy to your PC.)
- Backup all your apps / data. If you’ve rooted your device, use Titanium Backup to do so. Follow the full guide here.
- Backup your current system using a custom recovery (CWM or TWRP) if you’ve flashed one. This is recommended in case something goes wrong with rooting your phone, you can use the custom recovery and return to the old working state of your system.
- Make sure that you read the instructions carefully and applied all precautionary measures. Let’s go ahead.
How to Root Xperia V LT25i Running 9.2.A.0.295:
- Download this Kernel.elf file.
- Download SuperSu.zip and copy it to the SD card of your phone.
- Download Stock Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Kernel.sin file for Xperia V.
- Open Sony Flashtool now.
- Connect your Xperia V to your PC now. Make sure that the connection is up to the mark.
- Hit the smart lightening button on the right upper left side and select “Fastboot Mode.”.
- On the right side, click on “Reboot Device into Fastboot Mode.”
- If this doesn’t work for you, manually put your device into Fastboot Mode and connect it to your PC. To do so, turn off your Xperia device and now connect to your PC while keeping the Volume Up key pressed. As soon your PC detects your device,the blue LED will turn on showing fastboot mode.
- Now click on “Select Kernel to flash”.
- In the format selection, by default it will be “*.sin”. Change it to *.elf.
- Now select the Kernel.elf file that you downloaded first of all and flash it.
- This kernel will flash CWM recovery in your device. Disconnect your device now.
- Turn it on, as soon as you see the Sony Logo, press Volume – Key 5 to 6 times and you should see the CWM recovery interface now.
- Go to Mount/Storage and press Mount System.
- As soon as the system is mounted, choose install zip > choose zip from sd card > SuperSu.zip that you placed on your phone in the 2nd step and flash it.
- As soon as SuperSu.zip is flashed, turn off your device by keeping the power key pressed for a while or pulling out the battery. Don’t reboot it. [v.important]
- Now connect your device in fastboot mode once again. [Use Step 8].
- Open Flashtool once again > Click on small lightening button > Fastboot mode > Select Kernel to Flash.
- By default it will be *.sin format, so locate the file Kernel.sin [Stock Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Kernel] that you downloaded in step 3 and flash it.
- Once kernel flashing is complete, reboot your device.
- Phewww! You’re rooted, locate SuperSu in app drawer.
- You can also verify root access by installing Root Checker app from Google Play store.
- That’s all!
We hope that you find this guide helpful. In case you got any queries or you are facing any difficulties, feel free to stop by the comment box below and drop us your words. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks all!