You read it right. Great news just came up for the Galaxy S6 users, and specially those who haven’t rooted their device yet because of the fear of tripping knox counter and voiding the warranty. Galaxy S6 owners have turned out to be way luck as compared to the previous flagship Samsung Galaxy owners who didn’t see much of greater development in the very early stages. Just today, XDA member idler1984 came up with this great work packed up inside the tool named as PINGPONG Root Tool. The root tool allows users to root a number of variants of the Galaxy S6 on some specific firmwares. The tool is just one tap application which will root your device right away without getting you involved in any kind of complications. With the release of this tool, we expect that there will be much more greater developments looking forward the luck Galaxy S6 owners. According to the developer, the tool might be available for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, HTC M9 and LG G Flex 2 soon, but right now its party time for the Galaxy S6 owners.
For those who don’t know about the Knox Counter, let’s have a brief overview of this little restriction put by Samsung. Knox Counter is Samsung’s security service implemented in Samsung Galaxy devices. Knox components activated within the device do not let the root applications to work properly, while the Knox counter implemented on the bootloader of Samsung Galaxy device records the number of custom installations. Default value for Knox counter is 0, after voiding it becomes 0x1. Flashing any custom recovery or CF-Autoroot through Odin trips the Knox counter and users are not eligible for claiming the warranty of their device anymore. Samsung introduced Knox counter with the Galaxy Note 3. The feature made its way to other devices with software updates later on. PINGPONG tool doesn’t require any Odin flashing. The tool roots the device in a single tap after being installed in the device so it will not trip Knox counter of the Galaxy S6’s supported variants.
Let’s learn how you can root your Galaxy S6 using this PINGPONG Root Tool now.
Here’s a list of supported variants with supported ROM. Do not try this tool on any other firmware or a model number that is not listed here.
Samsung Galaxy S6 with following ROM versions:
Chinese Variant G9200 – G9200ZCU1AOD5
Chinese Variant G9200 – G9200ZHU1AOD3
Chinese Variant G9200 – G9200ZHU1AOD9
US Cellular G920R4 – G920R4TYU1AOD3
Indian, Singapore, Latam Variant G920I – G920IDVU1AOD1
Global G920F – G920FXXU1AOCV
Sprint G920P – G920PVPU1AOCF
T-Mobile G920T – G920TUVU1AOCG
Global G920F – G920FXXU1AOBN
Global G920F – G920FXXU1AODG
Chinese G9209 – G9209KEU1AOCI
Chinese G9209 – G9209KEU1AODA
Chinese G9208 – G9208ZMU1AOD5
Chinese G9208 – G9208ZMU1AOCI
Device List – Updated!
***new*** Use Download Data!
How To Root Galaxy S6 Without Tripping Knox With PINGPONG
- Download pingpongroot_beta5.1.apk | Mirror
- Copy the downloaded APK file to your phone.
- Now go to settings > system > security > all unknown sources.
- Open file manager and locate the downloaded APK file.
- Tap the APK file and follow on-screen instructions to complete installation.
- Once done, open the installed PINGPONG ROOT application from the app drawer.
- PINGPONG Root will now automatically install Super SU.
- Once SuperSU is installed, in order to activate it tap “Open”.
- SuperSu will display an error message and exit back to PINGPONG Root. This is normaly, so no need to worry about anything.
- Once you are in PINGPONG ROOT , tap the “Get Root” button now and see the magic!
- Reboot your device once done.
- You may uninstall PINGPONG application after rooting your device successfully.
- That’s it. Pretty easy, isn’t it?
- Also install BusyBox from Play Store.
- Verify root access using Root Checker.
- That’s all. You’re now set to unleash the open source nature of Android.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How to install Android 7.0 Nougat on Galaxy S5 via CyanogenMod 14 - October 27, 2016
- Download Facebook Lifestage for PC - October 27, 2016
- Google Now/Google Assistant Voice Commands List - October 27, 2016