A few months ago Samsung unveiled it’s mid range devices – the Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 and Galaxy Mega 6.3. Both of the devices were well received by the users and sported good features.
Let’s have an overview on the Galaxy Mega 6.3’s specs. The Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9200 and GT-I9205 sports a 6.3-inch SC-LCD with 720 x 1280 pixels and 233 ppi. It has got a Snapdragon 400 Dual Core processor clocked at 1.7 Ghz, a RAM of 2 GB while the internal memory is 8/16 GB and microSD card slot is also available in the phone. An 8 MP camera at the back while a 1.9 MP camera is fixed on the front. Out of the box, it runs on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
Coming back to the topic, you might have a Galaxy Mega 6.3 and looking to play with your device beyond the boundaries. This includes flashing mods, custom roms or installing the applications which require root, in order to do so you need root access on your device, following this need we will see today how we can gain root access on Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9200 / I9205 running on Android 4.2.2.
Before we begin, here some precautions I would like you guys to take.
Please keep in mind that as soon as you root your device, you will void the warranty of your device, so everything you do, do it at your own risk.
Make sure that you have battery charged over 60 % and have backed up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to backup all your important data.
Things you need to download:
How to Root:
- Put your phone in download mode. In order to do so turn it off by pressing power key for a few seconds or by pulling out the battery, wait for 30 seconds. Turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key, as soon as it shows you the warning press Volume Up to continue. You are in the download mode now.
- Open Odin, you installed in the step 1 above.
- Connect your Galaxy Mega 6.3 to your PC using the original data cable. The ID:COM box should now turn blue, and Odin shows “Added” in the log box below.
- Hit the PDA tab and select the downloaded vcoreroot-v2, it should be a .tar file.
- Make sure that the options selected in your Odin screen are exactly as shown below.
- Alright! hit start and let the process begin, as soon as your device restarts, you have the root access on your device. You can verify it by looking up for SuperSu app in your app drawer or either install Root Checker app from the play store and get it verified.
Now wondering what to do with your rooted phone?
Here’s the answer for you!
Rooting your phone gives you complete access over all the data which is apparently locked by the manufacturers. This includes removal of the factory restrictions and making changes to the internal system and the operating system. Gaining the root access gives you the privileges to install various applications to enhance the performance of your device, allows you to remove the built-in applications/programs, helps you to upgrade the battery life of your device & install the apps which require the root access for the proper functionality and modify your device in so many other ways e.g using mods and custom roms.
While rooting your phone, please keep it in mind that the Root Process isn’t official and has nothing to deal with Google Inc and the device manufacturer, which is Samsung in our case. Follow the guide carefully to prevent any damages to the device as the method is completely custom.
In case you face any problem, feel free to leave us a comment. We will try our best to help you out. Good Luck & Thank You!
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Bubble Witch 3 Saga for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017
- Download Star Wars Force Arena for PC (Windows and Mac) - January 16, 2017
- Download Yu Gi Oh Duel Links for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017