Samsung’s mid-range Galaxy J series has become popular now. Galaxy J series recently saw two new phones, the Galaxy J5 and Galaxy J7. Both these smartphones were well-received by the users and found some place in pockets of many users. The Galaxy J5 has 5.0-inch display with 720P resolution. This device is powered up with Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 CPU alongside Adreno 306 GPU and 1.5 GB RAM. Samsung has given the users an internal storage choice between 8 and 16 GB and the smartphone also supports microSD card slot. Galaxy J5 has a 13 MP shooter on its rear and a 5 MP shooter placed on the top of its display. Galaxy J5 runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop out of the box.
If you’re one luck Galaxy J5 owner, you may be looking for a way to unleash the real power of your device. In order to checkout the real potential that your device has got, you got to gain root access on it. Since the Galaxy J5 ran on Android 5.1 Lollipop, it wasn’t easily possible for developers to root this smartphone until today. All eyes were stuck on the root maestro Chainfire since then. Just today, the root God Chainfire updated his CF-Auto-Root script / tool and it now supports over 300 new devices running Android Lollipop or Marshmallow. The Galaxy J5 is one of those lucky devices to receive root support via CF Auto Root.
So, it’s time to root your Galaxy J5 now and checkout its potential. Let’s go ahead and root your Galaxy J5 J5008, J500F, J500FN, J500G, J500H, J500M, J500N0, J500Y running Android 5.1.1 Lollipop using CF Auto Root.
In case you’re not finding yourself confident enough or convinced enough to root your Galaxy J5, you may want to have a look on 10 reasons why you should root your Android. You may also want to go through some benefits of root access, so have a look on the 10 best applications for rooted phones to enhance the functionality of your phone after rooting it.
Here are some early preparations to make sure that nothing goes wrong
- This method only works with Galaxy J5 J5008, J500F, J500FN, J500G, J500H, J500M, J500N0, J500Y. Your device must be running Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. Check your device’s model number and Android version in Settings > About device section.
- Enable USB debugging on your Galaxy J5. To do so, go to Settings > About device > tap the build number for 7 times. This will enable developer options in settings. Once enabled, open developer options and enable USB debugging.
- Enable OEM unlock on your Galaxy J5 if available. If OEM unlock doesn’t appear in developer options, skip this step.
- Backup your important contacts, call logs, sms messages and important media content.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid and power issues during the flashing process.
- Turn off windows firewall, also disable or delete Samsung Kies while you’re using Odin3.
- Use your phone’s original data cable to establish connection between your phone and your desktop PC.
- Follow this guide to the letter to avoid any mishap.
DISCLAIMER: ROOTING PROCESS IS HIGHLY CUSTOM AND INVOLVES CERTAIN RISKS. ROOT YOUR SAMSUNG GALAXY WILL VOID ITS WARRANTY. IF YOUR DEVICE HAS A KNOX COUNTER ON THE BOOTLOADER, ROOTING IT WILL TRIP THE COUNTER AND YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO RESET KNOX AFTER THAT. IN CASE OF ANY MISHAP, TECHBEATS, SAMSUNG OR CHAINFIRE MAY NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE. MAKE SURE THAT YOU’RE ROOTING YOUR PHONE AFTER UNDERSTANDING EACH AND EVERYTHING, AND YOU’RE DOING IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Download and install Samsung USB drivers
- Download and extract Odin. [Recommended Odin v3.09]
- Open the following page: CF-Auto-Root
- Once you’re on the CF Auto Root page, press Control + F or Command + F. After the search bar appears, type your phone’s model number to locate its Auto Root file. Download CF-Auto-Root file according to your device very carefully and extract it once only to get the .tar.md5 or .tar file.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy J5 on Android Lollipop using CF Auto Root
- Open Odin.exe from the folder you extracted.
- Click on “PDA” / “AP” tab and select the unzipped CF-Autroot.tar file that you download and extracted in the third step in required downloads. If you’ve already downloaded the CF-Auto-Root file in .tar format, you do not need to extract it.
- Do not touch any other option in Odin. The only options ticked should be F.Reset Time and Auto-Reboot. Leave all other options as it is.
- Now put your Galaxy J5 in download mode and connect it to your PC. To put it in download mode, turn it off completely. Now turn it on by press and holding Volume Down + Home + Power Key. It will boot up with a warning. Press Volume Up to continue. You should be in download mode now. If this combination doesn’t work, here’s How to Boot Samsung Galaxy Devices into Download & Recovery Mode
- Now connect it with your PC and let Odin detect it. As soon as Odin detects your phone, it will show you a blue or yellow indicator in the ID:COM box.
- As your device has been connected, click the “Start” button now.
- Odin will now flash CF-Auto-Root. Once done, it will reboot your device.
- Disconnect your device, let it turn on completely and check SuperSu in app drawer once it boots up.
- You can verify root access by installing Root Checker application from Google Play Store.
Device booted up but not rooted? Here’s what to do
If your device isn’t rooted even after flashing CF-Auto-Root, you may try doing this.
- Follow the guide step and 2 from the guide above.
- Now in the third step, untick Auto-Reboot, the only ticked option should be F.Reset.Time.
- Follow the above guide from step 4 – 6.
- Once CF-Auto-Root has been flashed, reboot your device manually by either pulling out the battery or using the button combo.
- Verify root access as explained above.
How to Unroot your Galaxy J5 now?
You can unroot your device and revert back to the stock condition of your phone by flashing stock firmware. Here’s How To Flash Stock Firmware On Samsung Galaxy With Odin,
Got any issues? Reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Asphalt Xtreme for PC (Windows and Mac) - October 28, 2016
- How to install Android 7.0 Nougat on Galaxy S5 via CyanogenMod 14 - October 27, 2016
- Download Facebook Lifestage for PC - October 27, 2016