Although the first Galaxy Gear wasn’t warmly welcomed by the users, but it doesn’t matter for the Android enthusiasts who always love to try out something new. Samsung loaded the Galaxy Gear SM-V700 with the maximum features it can at that time, and the device was pretty much acceptable to some extent. With a 2 MP camera on the strap, and a very nice Super AMOLED display, that shows up all the notifications and is also capable of running some cool apps, the Galaxy Gear won so many pockets while getting buried under criticism. Galaxy Gear’s Android powered nature actually helped it to keep its little charm alive as the device was expected to receive some nice development, which later on emerged on the XDA-developers forum. There are custom ROMs, custom Recoveries, flashable mods and other tweaks available.
Android’s open nature is ready to accept anything, and if the Android powered device gets rooted, you can definitely break the walls and go beyond em. Same is the case with Galaxy Gear, the root paved way for other applications that were apparently locked to the Galaxy Gear. If you happen to be the Galaxy Gear owner, you might haven noticed that in the recent software update, Samsung has changed the OS of the first Gear from Android to Tizen. This may be a bad news for so many users, but we do understand that Samsung wants to keep its wearable line on the same OS and wants its new OS to get some hands on it. Arrival of Tizen on the Gear 1 is not really a problem and won’t bother you since its root is already available, that means you will still be able to go beyond the boundaries and add a new life to this little great gadget.
As we move forward in the following post, we will root Samsung Galaxy Gear running SM-V700 latest Tizen firmware. All you need is, you need to follow this guide carefully in order to get successful with this procedure.
Here are the pre-installation instructions:
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy Gear SM-V700. Do not try this on any other device, check your device model number in settings > about device.
- Download the file carefully for your device.
- Make sure that your device’s battery is charged over at least 60%. Highly recommended in order to prevent any mishap during the recovery installation process.
- Use only OEM data cable to establish connection between your phone and PC. Turn off your Anti Virus and Firewall to prevent any connection issues. Also enable USB debugging mode on your phone if you face connection issues.
Disclaimer: The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SAMSUNG in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. If your device has knox counter on the bootloader, flashing recovery will trip the knox counter and you won’t be able to reset the counter. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Pre – Requisites:
- Download and Install Samsung USB drivers – Get Here.
- Download and Extract Odin3 v3.09 – Get Here
- Download v700_rootfs.img.tar file. [Thanks to Jijonhyuni]
How to Root Galaxy Gear Running Tizen:
- Download the file for your variant carefully.
- Open Odin3 v3.09.exe.
- Put your phone in download mode, to do so, turn it off completely. Now turn it on, as soon as yous see the Galaxy Gear logo, press the power key 5 to 6 times quickly in order to get into download mode.
- In case the download mode method doesn’t work for your device, try one of the methods from this guide.
- Connect your Galaxy Gear to your PC.
- The ID:COM box in Odin should turn blue now, that means your phone is connected properly in download mode.
- Click on the “AP” tab in Odin 3.09 and select the downloaded v700_rootfs.img.tar file.
- Make sure that the only options selected in Odin are Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time. All other options should be unticked.
- Hit start now and sit back, it will take a few seconds to flash the root file and your device will reboot.
- You’re rooted now.
- That’s All.
Discover more about the Galaxy Gear in our Gear Garage.
In case you got any queries or you face any problems with this guide, feel free to write us in the comment box below. We will try our best to get your query resolved asap. Thanks all.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Nicki Minaj The Empire for Windows PC and Mac - December 8, 2016
- Download Nicki Minaj The Empire APK - December 8, 2016
- Download Trusted Contacts APK - December 7, 2016