LG G2 for many reasons is a Superb Device featuring best of LG’s Smartphone Technology. The Specs and Features of this device can make any phone look cheap in front of it. The Device has successfully claimed its spot in the top Smartphones of 2013, because of its amazing Features and Specification and don’t forget its uniqueness. Back in November 2013, we posted an article about Rooting and installing Custom Recovery on LG G2, that older tutorial, However, will only work with the Firmware LG G2 was Shipped With and LG G2 has received the OTA update of Android 4.2.2, thus removing the Root access along with Custom Recovery. Now all that left is for you to install Custom Recovery and Root your device again, but as I said the old tutorial will not work with this OTA update, So, then What To Do?
Thanks to XDA Memeber autoprime, who has provided us with the Tutorial on how to root LG G2 on the brand new OTA update. But don’t you think that Android 4.2.2 looks a little Outdated while others are enjoying Android 4.4 Kit-Kat. Anyways, if you have already updated your device with the Latest Firmware update and looking for a way to Root your device, we have just the tutorial you are looking for.
The Latest version of iRoot tool will work on Windows , Mac and Linux, allowing you tot root your LG G2 running latest Android 4.2.2. The new version of tool is compiled and works with LG G2 Variants Mentioned below:
- Korean LG G2 F320k with F320K20a KitKat
- Korean G2 (SKT) F320S with F320S20a ROM
- AT&T G2 D800 with ROM version D80010o
- T-Mobile G2 D801 with ROM version D80110G
- Sprint G2 LS980 with LS980ZV8 OTA
- Verizon G2 VS980 with VS98011A and VS98012B OTA
- All G2 variants with older ROM version
Rooting an Android device Voids Manufacturers Warranty, the iroot method for LG G2 is tested and Found Working. The list of Compatibility is Compiled by the developer on his XDA Thread, Follow the Guide at your own risk.
All read and Done, let’s head towards the next page to learn how to root your LG G2.
Pages: Page 1 | Page 2
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016