HTC is trying its best to lift up its sinking boat with the help of different smartphones in the same line. HTC released a sibling of the HTC M8 named as HTC M8 Eye with very minor changes. M8 eye sported a 5 inch full HD display with a 5 MP shooter at the top. A 13 MP shooter is fixed at the back. Under the hood this device has a Snapdragon 801 CPU clocked at 2.3 GHz which is accompanied by an Adreno 330 GPU. Internal storage was 16 GB and RAM was 2 GB. HTC M8 Eye runs on Android 4.4.2 having HTC’s Sense UI atop of the OS.
If you’re an Android freak like me, HTC’s stock OS will never satisfy your requirements. At first, the Stock UI isn’t much cool, and then the limitations put by HTC will rip off your mood within no time. Thanks to Android’s open nature which makes any kind of tweaks and customisations and possible. With the help of custom stuff, you can make your HTC M8 Eye’s OS the way you want, you can load certain applications to enhance performance and battery life of your HTC M8 Eye. You can flash custom operating system and give your device a whole new look and feel. All this is possible with the help of root access and custom recovery. You will not be able to install custom operating systems only, but you will be able to wipe cache, dalvik cache, create & restore Nandroid backup, flash MODs and many other things which are not allowed in the stock recovery.
If you’re willing to modify your HTC M8 Eye, this may be the perfect chance for you. In the following post we are going to root our beloved HTC M8 Eye. We will also install TWRP recovery on the device. Let’s move forward and get the process done now.
- This guide is intended for international HTC M8 Eye users. Do not try it on a carrier branded HTC M8 Eye or any other device.
- Charge your device’s battery up to 50% to avoid any power issues during the recovery installation and rooting process.
- Backup your important contacts, call logs, sms messages and media content as a safety measure.
- Use original data cable to establish connection between your device and your PC.
- Follow this guide to the letter to avoid any mishap.
Disclaimer: Methods involved in flashing custom recoveries and rooting the device are highly custom. In case of a mishap, Techbeasts or HTC may not be held responsible. Make sure that you’re doing everything with full understanding and at your own risk.
Required downloads and installations
- Download and install HTC USB drivers
- Unlock bootloader of your HTC M8 Eye
- Download Android ADB & Fastboot drivers with recovery.img file [Extract this folder on your computer’s Desktop]
- Download SuperSu.zip file and copy this file to your phone’s SD card.
How To Install TWRP Recovery on HTC M8 Eye
Step#1: Make sure that you’re done with required downloads and installations.
Step#2: Enable USB debugging mode on your HTC M8 Eye and connect it to your PC.
Step#3: Now open the extracted ADB & Fastboot drivers folder with recovery.img file.
Step#4: Now hold the shift key and right click on an empty area within the extracted ADB & Fastboot folder. Click on “Open command window here”.
Step#5: Now issue the following commands one by one in the command prompt.
Step#6: adb devices
This command will verify your device’s connection with your PC. It will show you a code against your device.
Step#7: adb reboot-bootloader
This command will reboot your device in bootloader mode.
Step#8: Now on your device, use volume up and down keys to navigate and select fastboot mode. Your device should be in fastboot mode now.
Step#9: Now issue the following commands
Step#10: fastboot devices
This command will verify your device’s connection in fastboot mode.
Step#11: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
This command will flash TWRP recovery in your device.
Step#12: As soon as this is done, disconnect your device and restart it.
How To Root HTC M8 Eye Now
Step#1: Make sure that you’ve copied the SuperSu.zip file in your phone. If you haven’t already copied, do it now.
Step#2: Now boot into TWRP recovery. To do so, turn it off completely. Now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power Key. Using volume keys, navigate to recovery mode and enter recovery mode by pressing power key.
Step#3: Now you will be in TWRP recovery. Tap Install > Locate the copied SuperSu.zip file > Swipe finger to flash.
Step#4: Once done, reboot your device. Check out SuperSu in app drawer. Verify root access using Root Checker application.
That’s all. Stuck with something? Reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Critical Ops for Windows PC and Mac - October 21, 2016
- Install Official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Galaxy Tab S 8.4 T700/T705 - October 19, 2016
- Download and install official Pixel Launcher on Android [APK] - October 19, 2016