Rooting your device allows you to install Custom Recoveries and Custom ROMs on it. Rooting is not a very difficult process, but with a little bit of negligence your device might go brick or dead. In this article we will show you how to root HTC Sensation XE on Android 4.0.3 Official Firmware. It’s a complete different process than usual so please pay more attention.
Before we begin, I would like you guys to take some precautions.
Please keep in mind that as soon as you root your device, you will void the warranty of your device, so everything you do, do it at your own risk.
- Make sure that you have battery charged over 60 % and have backed up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
- Enable USB Debugging mode from Settings > Developers option.
- Disable All security programs.
Download the Following Files:
How To Root HTC Sensation XE on Android 4.0.3 Official Firmware.
- Connect Sensation XE with PC, copy and paste the Super Su.zip file to the root of your SD card.
- Extract the All in one root toolkit and run the One.exe.
- Now make sure that the Bootloader is unlocked, otherwise Visit htcdev.com to unlock the bootloader.
- Run the One.exe file and click ‘install HTC Drivers’ and ignore all the pop-ups.
- After that rename the recovery-clockwork-touch-18.104.22.168-pyramid.img to CWM5827.img and copy the CWM5827.img to HTC One X toolkit folder/Data folder/recoveries and replace with the one inside.
- Click CWM 22.214.171.124 in the Toolkit click Flash Recovery and wait for it to install.
- Now disconnect the phone and Boot into Bootloader. First Turn Off the Phone, take out the battery wait for 5-seconds, re-insert the battery and Press and Hold Volume Down + Power Button together until you see some text on-screen.
- Select Recovery and Select ‘install zip from sd card’, choose the Super SU.zip file and wait for installation to finish.
- Go back and select ‘Reboot System now’.
That’s it your Sensation XE will now be Rooted on Android 4.0.3
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016