Rooting your phone has always been useful when it comes to play with it beyond the boundaries and tweak it the way you want. HTC One Max is out now to compete with the rival phablets, the device is available in International, Chinese, Verizon and Sprint variants and runs on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean out of the box. Earlier, we posted a method to install CWM or TWRP recovery on the HTC One Max, but the root method was left. So, here it is. I’ve explained the method to root HTC One Max in simple and easy words below. You just got to follow this guide to the letter. In case you are not familiar with the root access, then let’s have a little intro to it first.
Rooting your phone gives you complete access over all the data which is apparently locked by the manufacturers. This includes removal of the factory restrictions and making changes to the internal system and the operating system. Gaining the root access gives you the privileges to install various applications to enhance the performance of your device, allows you to remove the built-in applications/programs, helps you to upgrade the battery life of your device & install the apps which require the root access for the proper functionality and modify your device in so many other ways e.g using mods and custom roms. By installing custom recovery, you can flash custom roms in the phone easily. Custom recovery also let’s you backup your current rom and restore it in case of any mishap. There is a laundry list of things you can do after having your device rooted and installed the custom recovery, now once you’re rooted and haveinstalled custom recovery, go ahead and enjoy it on your phone. Here’s our collection of 10 Best Root Apps.
Pre-requisites to Root your HTC One Max:
- This guide is only for HTC One Max International, Chinese, Verizon & Sprint. Don’t try this on any other phone.
- You must have a CWM or TWRP Recovery installed. Only use the one we posted. Follow our full guide here.
- Your phone’s battery must be charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the flashing process.
- Follow this guide to the letter.
How to Root your HTC One Max:
- Download the SuperSu.zip file.
- Place the downloaded file on your phone’s internal storage.
- Boot into Hboot mode. To do so, turn off your device completely. Now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power Key.
- In Hboot mode select recovery, you should now be in the CWM or TWRP recovery depending on the one you installed from our guide.
- Select “Install>Select the SuperSu.zip file” and proceed.
- It will take a while to flash the SuperSu.zip.
- As soon as the flashing process is done, reboot your device.
- Find the SuperSu app in the app drawer.
- Congrats! You’re rooted now, Enjoy!
That’s All! In case you got any queries or face any difficulties regarding this post, feel free to stop by the comment box below. We will try our best to help you out. Thanks All!
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus Stock Wallpapers - March 29, 2017
- List of Samsung Galaxy S8 & Galaxy S8 Plus Model Numbers - March 29, 2017
- T-Mobile goes underwater to welcome the Galaxy S8 with Sharks - March 29, 2017