Let’s assume that many people have updated their Galaxy Star Duos S5282 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean and as per rule of Flashing the Stock/Official Firmware, you are sure to lose the Root access of your device, thus making it completely Stock and forbidding you to make any changes in the system. The only option left right now, is to root your device again, if you want to use your device with the same things you had before the update. It doesn’t matter if the update was really small in size or a huge one, if you have made amendments in the Stock system, you won’t be able to receive the OTA update and files are too big to leave any sort of root access or Stock recovery, you might be able to flee if only you receive the OTA file, nonetheless, let’s proceed and see how we can root the device again.
Rooting allows you to get full control over your device, Stock apps and mods are good, but installing Custom Mods gives you better support and great battery life, you might need to delete some Stock apps from the device, a non-rooted device can’t do that, but a rooted one has the power to remove stock apps too.If you are familiar with Odin and it’s working, then this tutorial might not be difficult for you. Otherwise read the whole tutorial first before trying it on your device. In this Article, we will show you How To Root Galaxy Star Duos S5282 Running Android 4.1.2 XXANF4 Jelly Bean. But before we begin, Make sure that:
- Update Your Device To Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean:Link
- That you have a Well Charged Battery, 60%-80% is better.
- Back-Up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
- Back-Up your Mobiles EFS Data. How To Restore and Back-Up EFS Data On Samsung Galaxy Devices.
- Check your device model, Go To Setting > About and Make sure that it is S5282.
- Do-not try this tutorial on any other device.
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Samsung in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
How To Install CWM Recovery:
- Download CWM Recovery Package For your Galaxy Star Duos to your computer and extract the zip file.
- Download Odin.
- Turn off your Phone and Turn it On While Pressing, Power + Volume Down + Home button until you see some text on-screen, Press Volume Up to continue.
- Make Sure that the USB drivers are installed.
- Open Odin in Computer and connect your device to PC, while it is in the Download mode.
- If your Phone is successfully connected to PC, the Odin port will turn Yellow with COM port number.
- Now Click on PDA and select the File ‘S5280_S5282_cwm_184.108.40.206.tar.md5‘
- In Odin, Check Auto reboot Option.
- Now Click the start button and wait for the process to complete.
- After the installation is complete you device will restart and once you see the Home Screen and get the “Pass” Message on Odin, unplug the cable.
How To Flash Super SU:
- Connect your device with PC.
- Download Super SU for your device.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn Off your Device
- Open Recovery mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons until you see some text on screen.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the Super SU.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016